Princess canceled my medallion order

Ombud

Sorry I don’t know what happened to my last post, somehow I piggybacked Ombud’s query.

Here’s my question:Hi. DH and I are sailing the Sun TA in September, like most folks we ordered months ago, still no shipping email from Princess. But, I got an interesting notice from my USPS Informed Delivery stating “two packages” were awaiting pre-shipment from Carson, CA. Since I’m not expecting anything else I assume it’s Medallions. But that begs the question, why two packages? Are they shipping them separately now?

On 8/29/2024 at 5:29 PM, Boku said:

There is no green lane in Southampton, everyone is in the same lane unless you have priority boarding.

Correction to this comment….. I have just embarked from QEII terminal and there was a green lane and a blue lane! In my defence on our May embarkation from Ocean Cruise terminal there was only one lane. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boku said:

Correction to this comment….. I have just embarked from QEII terminal and there was a green lane and a blue lane! In my defence on our May embarkation from Ocean Cruise terminal there was only one lane. 

Yes and I've heard it's horrifically long and they don't have an Elite / Suites line .... although i suspect the Suites will have a different experience soon (leaning towards ship within ship)

42 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes and I've heard it's horrifically long and they don't have an Elite / Suites line .... although i suspect the Suites will have a different experience soon (leaning towards ship within ship)

OC terminal was much quicker to get into the terminal, QEII terminal had long queues just to handover baggage but once in the terminal boarding was quick. Platinum and elite cruisers were being rushed through.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crusdiva said:

Sorry I don’t know what happened to my last post, somehow I piggybacked Ombud’s query.

Here’s my question:Hi. DH and I are sailing the Sun TA in September, like most folks we ordered months ago, still no shipping email from Princess. But, I got an interesting notice from my USPS Informed Delivery stating “two packages” were awaiting pre-shipment from Carson, CA. Since I’m not expecting anything else I assume it’s Medallions. But that begs the question, why two packages? Are they shipping them separately now?

Did you place them as one order or two ?  If you ordered one went out of the order option and placed a second order the will come in 2 separate packages rather than 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2024 at 9:05 AM, Ombud said:

@PacnGoNow that's what I did yesterday after confirming that I was still able to order. Watched it go from ordered (with pndg charge on my bank app) -> processing -> not yet shipped and then a cancelation email this morning 

is anyone boarding in September getting the medallion at home.... not ordered ..... actually shipped / received?

Well the app still says my medallion will be waiting at the port but I'm looking at it!! 

This app is so wonky

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Well the app still says my medallion will be waiting at the port but I'm looking at it!! 

This app is so wonky

You ordered it at one time.  The error of cancellation of the App, was just that.. an error.

Others have reported the same.

Happy you received it.  SMH

• Like 2

On 8/29/2024 at 12:30 AM, donaldsc said:

I have never gotten my medallion ahead of time.  it is just too much trouble.  Get it when you bheck in.

DON

Why is it too much trouble?

Dealing with the Princess App is part of the adventure I keep repeating to my self.

It took 3 different try's for me to get order for Medallions to go through.  Then history said I had ordered 2 medallions for myself and 1 for the wife..

Then package came with 1 each in it.

Yesterday the wife, while looking at the App, saw that we had completed 7 of 8 required actions.  The 8th action being ordering our Medallions and we were moved from Green Lane to to Blue Lane.

So, with Black colored Medallions hanging around our necks, we will go through the Green Lane. 

Bob

• Like 2

On 9/14/2024 at 2:00 PM, suzyed said:

Why is it too much trouble?

Because Princess and the App make it too much trouble.  Clearly there is some disconnect between ordering and fulfillment—if the App will even let you order at all or order them correctly (read the story in the App sticky thread about the App adding Medallions to orders for people not even on a booking or adding multiple Medallions for the same person).  Then you have to worry about them delivered prior to departure, which is all dependent on the shipper used and whether or not they go missing in transit.

It’s a nuisance to hear about Medallion order problems on the board at least once a month.  Princess’ attempt to send them pre cruise has created unnecessary customer service issues.  You didn’t hear about these problems when everyone had to pick up cruise cards at the port.  Obtaining them pre cruise isn’t necessary as evidenced by every other cruise line who provides cruise cards at check-in or in cabins.

This doesn’t even take into account cruisers that leave a week or more prior to the cruise who can’t order them prior because they won’t be delivered in time or the batteries being dead on arrival and wasting time having to get in line at GS to get them replaced.

Pre ordering Medallions has become part of the gimmick to sell packages for those in the US and Canada.