Bidding for Sanctuary Cabin - does this bid include the Package?

This has probably been mentioned somewhere, but I hope an expert can post and help with this.

We are sailing, non-sanctuary, after the change-over to the Sanctuary Club system.

Would bidding on a Sanctuary cabin be like booking into that cabin now, and include the Package?  Or just Sanctuary Benefits?

Would we still need a PLUS or PREMIER package?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

This has probably been mentioned somewhere, but I hope an expert can post and help with this.

We are sailing, non-sanctuary, after the change-over to the Sanctuary Club system.

Would bidding on a Sanctuary cabin be like booking into that cabin now, and include the Package?  Or just Sanctuary Benefits?

Thanks!

There is a web error in the bidding description as there is in our Sanctuary bookings.  I reported it but it remains a glitch.

I am thinking that the bidding description only mentions the Sanctuary benefits.  

No mention of Package.

So, would 'glitch' mean that is correct, or that it does include the package???

That would determine how much you would want to bid !

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am thinking that the bidding description only mentions the Sanctuary benefits.  

No mention of Package.

So, would 'glitch' mean that is correct, or that it does include the package???

That would determine how much you would want to bid !

You will have to ask Princess.

Jimmy Wine had a bidding post recently for the Sun.

Thanks, dog!

Just got off of CHAT...  Rep seemed pretty clear and knowledgable...

Bidding for Upgrade is ONLY for the cabin and benefits - no package.

So, let's say bidding $100.00 per person, per day.. (200.00 per day)  Plus $90.00 for package.

Almost $200.00 per person, per day.   A little pricey!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks, dog!

Just got off of CHAT...  Rep seemed pretty clear and knowledgable...

Bidding for Upgrade is ONLY for the cabin and benefits - no package.

So, let's say bidding $100.00 per person, per day.. (200.00 per day)  Plus $90.00 for package.

Almost $200.00 per person, per day.   A little pricey!

OK, I got a deluxe balcony, and premier80 on SUN P - if I bid on a Sanctury balcony - I am just bidding on the upgraded room and lose my premier80 ... and would now have to add back premier90 to the cost also?  yeah, that ain't happin'

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

OK, I got a deluxe balcony, and premier80 on SUN P - if I bid on a Sanctury balcony - I am just bidding on the upgraded room and lose my premier80 ... and would now have to add back premier90 to the cost also?  yeah, that ain't happin'

No, I think  no your pre paid premier $80 remains the same. You only pay the bid amount for use of larger room, , sanctuary and private restaurant.  Your choice to upgrade at $10 pp/ pd to new premier if you want.

the Bid info on my booking is an error-  but it remains in my personalizer.

Edited by dog

Posted (edited)

Okay you guys...  Here is another one...

there is a blurb in the FAQ that says that if you win the bid, and you have Princess Vacation Protection, that you will be charged the amount to increase the Insurance to the new cost of your booking.  Ummm...  so you will pay that too???

I might have missed it, but I have not heard of people also paying this, in addition to the amount they had bid.

Princess...  Uggghhhh!

What happens if I purchased travel protection?
If you have Princess Vacation Protection (for North American guests) on your current booking, you will automatically be charged to cover the upgrade cost. If you have travel protection through your travel advisor, contact them to add your upgrade to your coverage.

Edited by Wishing on a star

I am thinking that if you were to bid and upgrade, directly thru the Princess web-site, that it would automatically update your PVP coverage.

But, if you do it thru any other chanel, which goes directly thru the third party that handles this, it would NOT update your PVP coverage.

23 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am thinking that if you were to bid and upgrade, directly thru the Princess web-site, that it would automatically update your PVP coverage.

But, if you do it thru any other chanel, which goes directly thru the third party that handles this, it would NOT update your PVP coverage.

Don’t know- your travel insurance is based on the amount you pay when you buy insurance . If you cancel the additional amount for bid would not be covered, in tha case.

I don’t think it is worth the sanctuary and private restaurant to bother with a bid on Sun- sounds like these places will be overcrowded.  I am losing interest in it 

5 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes...  And, I think the bid would have to be way too high!

Add the additional bid, and the cost of the Premier Package.. No small chunk of change!

And the only benefits from non suite sanctuary are use of an overcrowded, unshaded sanctuary and the unknown location of a combined private restaurant.  The S9 are not worth the extra lounge benefit to me.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 11:06 AM, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks!

OKAY,

I can answer this now:the bidding has been corrected for my October Sun cruise.

the sanctuary mini. signature &* sky suites are offered.

no packages are included in the descriptions.