Thasso pools

The two smallest ships do not have them, really. They have hot tubs inside the thermal suites, and are very nice, but they are not the great big thassalotherapy pools.  The Vista and Signature class ones are all the same size and virtually identical.  The Pinnacle class ones are about the same size as well, but round rather than square - not sure that matters much. Also the metal benches inside are different - some people prefer the newer design on the Pinnacle class ships.  But shorter answer - On the ships that have them, they are all the same size. As for "best" - I think they are really similar. Others will probably have comments about subtle differences, but I think until you try them yourself you can pretty much consider them identical.  The differences are small and subjective.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moriah said:

On the ships that have them, they are all the same size. As for "best" - I think they are really similar

Agree....

The Pinnacle class ships (Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam) have, IMO, the best hydro suite areas..Along with the pool, there's more stuff (the ice bucket, the horizontal shower) plus it is all in one area (you don't have to go out one area and into another area) to go between the sauna/steam/heated chairs/showers to get to/from the pool. 

Enjoy....it's a great splurge and Her Majesty requires her spa pass if we are on for lots of sea days.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Agree....

The Pinnacle class ships (Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam) have, IMO, the best hydro suite areas..Along with the pool, there's more stuff (the ice bucket, the horizontal shower) plus it is all in one area (you don't have to go out one area and into another area) to go between the sauna/steam/heated chairs/showers to get to/from the pool. 

Enjoy....it's a great splurge and Her Majesty requires her spa pass if we are on for lots of sea days.

Absolutely.  The OP asked specifically about the pool, but when you take into consideration the entire spa area, I would agree the Pinnacle class have the best overall.  I especially agree about it being all connected and not having to go back to the hallway to go from the thassolo pool to the thermal suite.  I never braved the ice bucket, but it's cool that they have it! 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Ice bucket is required at least once during cruise to see how well your heart is working.....LOL. 

Mine would not be working at all after that ice dump 🙄 

20231229_131942.thumb.jpg.6442058bffd1865cc3d05dfe5cb92258.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, julia said:

We really liked the thermal spa recently on Noordam. 

I like the Vista thermal suites best.

I didn't like Koningsdam's thermal suite. It was nice that everything connected, but the heated loungers were in the room people had to go through to get into the rest of the suite. Instead of being a quiet space, it was like Grand Central, with people coming and going and TALKING LOUDLY.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I like the Vista thermal suites best.

I didn't like Koningsdam's thermal suite. It was nice that everything connected, but the heated loungers were in the room people had to go through to get into the rest of the suite. Instead of being a quiet space, it was like Grand Central, with people coming and going and TALKING LOUDLY.

Thanks for this... I was debating on the Thermal Suite on K'dam, and now the debate is over!

21 minutes ago, julia said:

Thanks for this... I was debating on the Thermal Suite on K'dam, and now the debate is over!

I agree about the noise, which also comes from the showers (including screams from the aforementioned ice dumps), but the views are stunning. Nothing beats a heated lounger while watching 🐋 🐳 (Dec & Jan in HI on K'dam).

Posted (edited)

I don’t like that the pinnacle class pools are only 3 feet deep versus over 4 feet on the vista class. When doing exercises in the pools there’s not nearly enough room in the pinnacle class pool because the benches cover 3/4 of the round pool. There are no jets other than what come out of the benches or the middle as well on the pinnacle ships. The women’s changing room is also much smaller with only one short bench for sitting on in the pinnacle class.

Edited by Nodakboiler

12 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Instead of being a quiet space, it was like Grand Central, with people coming and going and TALKING LOUDLY.

Agree with the loud talking on all the ship hydro suites....It is not a frequent occurrence but when the party starts, it's very annoying and disapointing.

We just label them "obnoxious Yankees" and move on......My previous efforts to "shush them" seem to be unsuccessful.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I agree about the noise, which also comes from the showers (including screams from the aforementioned ice dumps), but the views are stunning. Nothing beats a heated lounger while watching 🐋 🐳 (Dec & Jan in HI on K'dam).

I buy the thermal suite pass for all cruises, but the best is for on an Alaskan cruise. I've never seen a whale while I've been looking out those wonderful floor-to-ceiling windows, but it's lovely to be all warm and cozy while you gaze at snow-topped mountains. 

• Like 3