Payment Method

trbarton

I’ve got a new booking & when I enter my CC information I get a message that “the payment method exists for the given card”.  It’s a card that I only use for my Princess Cruises. What can I do?

Tom😀

Don't understand what you are saying..  If the payment is fine for that card then what is the problem?  If the card will not go through there is either an issue with the card - call your bank - or with the Princess website - call Princess.

Another reason I use my TA.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve got a new booking & when I enter my CC information I get a message that “the payment method exists for the given card”.  It’s a card that I only use for my Princess Cruises. What can I do?

Tom😀

This is going to sound weird but look at your credit cards expiration date. If it expires before the cruise then the website/app will pop up this incredibly misleading and non-informative error. Try switching it out for a credit card that expires after your cruise and it should take it.

Edited by keldaria
Clarification
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Don't understand what you are saying..  If the payment is fine for that card then what is the problem?  If the card will not go through there is either an issue with the card - call your bank - or with the Princess website - call Princess.

Another reason I use my TA.

They wanted my CC card on record for any purchases & that’s the message I received. It’s the Princess card that I always use for any of my Princess cruises. 

Edited by trbarton

Where are you entering this card?  Is it for a deposit on a new booking?

Sounds like it is in the system already.

If it is a $99 deposit, just use another card, or get ahold of your TA/CVP by email or phone on Monday.

Check to make sure you don’t see the credit card details in the booking.  I don’t usually book online anymore since they don’t do free holds. I just email my TA/CVP to book it.

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

They wanted my CC card on record for any purchases & that’s the message I received. It’s the Princess card that I always use for any of my Princess cruises. 

Did you already enter the card number?

If this is for any purchases, then delete the credit card and then reenter the credit card.  

I have been getting this same message. I figured it is because the cruise is in November and the card expires in November.  I am waiting for new card to arrive to try again.  I guess if I want to pre purchase on the app I will need to use a different card or try the website.

I have had the same problem. Card is expiring before the cruise. Cruise is in February. Expecting new card any day. All my cards are expiring before the cruise

3 hours ago, flying boat said:

I have been getting this same message. I figured it is because the cruise is in November and the card expires in November.  I am waiting for new card to arrive to try again.  I guess if I want to pre purchase on the app I will need to use a different card or try the website.

I ordered early renewal for my CC, because I was trying to do purchases also.  So, it worked fine was I received my new exp date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudy888 said:

I have had the same problem. Card is expiring before the cruise. Cruise is in February. Expecting new card any day. All my cards are expiring before the cruise

Yes, it will work.  The CC expiration should be after the cruise date.

If you have your old one in there, just delete it and reenter the new CC info.

10 hours ago, keldaria said:

This is going to sound weird but look at your credit cards expiration date. If it expires before the cruise then the website/app will pop up this incredibly misleading and non-informative error. Try switching it out for a credit card that expires after your cruise and it should take it.

Sometimes I get the message from various vendors when my expiration date changes with a new card. Just remove original card and add new one with new expiration date

We had this happen. My card expiration date was during the cruise. When we got our new cards with a later expiration date, we entered all the card info with no problem.

Thanks for everyone’s reply’s. Yes it’s the expiration date on my card. When I return from my cruise I’ll ask for a new one. Princess just needs to have a card on file. 

Tom😀