Sun princess sanctuary mini suite - do they exist?!

cbowls30

We've been trying to find a sanctuary mini suite or balcony for sun princess on any European itinerary next year... Literally nothing, can anyone tell me if they actually exist?! Starting to wonder if they're just a myth! Haha 

Posted (edited)

Yes, there are a lot of Sanctuary Mini Suites.

I am not sure about the phone or computer you are using.

But, online, when you choose a room...  choose number of guests...

Then choose Mini-Suites on the tabs across the top.

Sanctuary Mini-Suites should be shown there.

I checked a couple dates for next year, and there are some that show up to be selected.

I believe the S9 cabins are mini-suites that are included in the full Suite benefits.   Not Mini-Suites.   Yes, there are a few category S9 Suites.  (Start with the 'S' in the category code.)

Edited by Wishing on a star

Yes,  this is all confusing, since Princess seems to change things around...

A Sanctuary Mini-Suite will have Sanctuary and Dining access.

As S9 is an actuall SUITE,  even though it is the same cabin and size as Mini-Suites.

Think of it as a 'small suite'...  but with full Suite benefits and amenities.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

I think the sanctuary mini is an M1, the S9 is the suite with the lounge access,etc

Tell Princess agents and CVP this, please!

31 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes,  this is all confusing, since Princess seems to change things around...

A Sanctuary Mini-Suite will have Sanctuary and Dining access.

As S9 is an actuall SUITE,  even though it is the same cabin and size as Mini-Suites.

Think of it as a 'small suite'...  but with full Suite benefits and amenities.

49 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

I think the sanctuary mini is an M1, the S9 is the suite with the lounge access,etc

Yes,

you are both correct!

An M2 Mini Suite is also a Sanctuary Mini-Suite.

Here is an example of what shows on the web-site.

ASSUMING that this is correct and not another Princess 'oversight'

Any cabin that comes with Sanctuary access should have a higher fare to reflect that.

Stateroom Number: 10234
Type: Sanctuary Mini-Suite

Category: M2
Deck: 10 (Ten)
Bath Type: Shower
Connecting Room: N/A
Average Size: 304 sq. ft.

Special Notes:
Sanctuary Mini-suite Sanctuary Benefits Sofa By Entrance

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

An M2 Mini Suite is also a Sanctuary Mini-Suite.

Here is an example of what shows on the web-site.

ASSUMING that this is correct and not another Princess 'oversight'

Any cabin that comes with Sanctuary access should have a higher fare to reflect that.

Stateroom Number: 10234
Type: Sanctuary Mini-Suite

Category: M2
Deck: 10 (Ten)
Bath Type: Shower
Connecting Room: N/A
Average Size: 304 sq. ft.

Special Notes:
Sanctuary Mini-suite Sanctuary Benefits Sofa By Entrance

I recently won a bid but it says nothing about benefits, I travel two weeks today 

Great news – your Princess Upgrade offer has been accepted! You will now enjoy an even better stateroom experience and all the perks that go along with it.

What happens now?

• Your stateroom has a new category – SANCTUARY MINI-SUITE – and a new number, which you‘ll see when you log in to My Princess. 

4 minutes ago, Trimone said:

I recently won a bid but it says nothing about benefits, I travel two weeks today 

Great news – your Princess Upgrade offer has been accepted! You will now enjoy an even better stateroom experience and all the perks that go along with it.

What happens now?

• Your stateroom has a new category – SANCTUARY MINI-SUITE – and a new number, which you‘ll see when you log in to My Princess. 

This was reported in another thread and confirmed that the Upgrade third party system was not displaying the correct category description - the Sanctuary Mini Suite won't exist until Princess have rolled out the Sanctuary Collection changes starting with the cruise on October 14th. So assuming cruises before that will be offering the original M1/M2 staterooms as Reserve Collection Mini Suites. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dides said:

This was reported in another thread and confirmed that the Upgrade third party system was not displaying the correct category description - the Sanctuary Mini Suite won't exist until Princess have rolled out the Sanctuary Collection changes starting with the cruise on October 14th. So assuming cruises before that will be offering the original M1/M2 staterooms as Reserve Collection Mini Suites. 

That saves confusion at the port! 🙏 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Trimone said:

That saves confusion at the port! 🙏 

Oh darnit No shouty passengers for us avid people-watchers! (we're boarding in Barcelona in a couple of weeks if that's the same cruise) 😄

Edited by dides

3 minutes ago, dides said:

Oh darnit No shouty passengers for us avid people-watchers! (we're boarding in Barcelona in a couple of weeks if that's the same cruise) 😄

That’s the one, have you seen the hotel prices in Barcelona? There’s a celebration on ££££

And yes we love a laugh at the shouting under privileged tossers

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trimone said:

What happens now?

Are you doing the crossing?

I see the following for our sailing which is the TA in a few weeks on the upgrade page. "PLEASE NOTE: SANCTUARY COLLECTION IS NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL THE 10/14 SAILING OF SUN PRINCESS" This was added in the last couple of days, it was not there when we originally bid.

1 hour ago, jeds said:

Are you doing the crossing?

I see the following for our sailing which is the TA in a few weeks on the upgrade page. "PLEASE NOTE: SANCTUARY COLLECTION IS NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL THE 10/14 SAILING OF SUN PRINCESS" This was added in the last couple of days, it was not there when we originally bid.

Yes, that is right.  I contacted them to report errors on bidding site- description of my current booking was wrong etc.

This looks correct now- no packages were mentioned in the upgrades and my cruise is after October 14/24.