Your Time dining and main dining room

Jayhoaps

Hey Everyone very excited about my upcoming cruise This Friday. Just wanted to inquire about your Time dining a s well as the main dining room.

It says I am waitlisted for my time 530-9

My question is how does Your Time dining work? For example if I wanted to dine at 730 in the main dining room do I just Show up to restaurant request a table and Wait?

Or is there a way to request a table through The app? 

Also in main dining room are we allowed to order more then 1 appetizer? More then 1 entree and more then 1 dessert? Thanks in advance and best regards.

Also

Yes when you are ready to eat you just push the button that you are ready and it matches you to a table pretty fast. Often within minutes. There is a button near the bottom right to share a table but it doesnt work very well for dinner but does for breakfast or lunch. Seems like few want to share a table for dinner so expect to est alone.  

I never waited more than a few minutes so had to wait until I was close to the Mdr to push the button last time as my cabin was far forward and I couldnt get to the Mdr before it was assigned if I pushed the button from my cabin and then set off walking.

• Like 2

Request a table in the app and it will let you know when the table is ready.

Wait times may depend on the ship. Jubilee last week was pretty much always 30 minutes for dinner. Sometimes it would say 10-20. Sometimes it would say 40-50. Regardless of what it said, it was usually 30.

You can order as many appetizers and desserts as you want. They charge for a 3rd entree.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yes when you are ready to eat you just push the button that you are ready and it matches you to a table pretty fast. Often within minutes. There is a button near the bottom right to share a table but it doesnt work very well for dinner but does for breakfast or lunch. Seems like few want to share a table for dinner so expect to est alone.  

I never waited more than a few minutes so had to wait until I was close to the Mdr to push the button last time as my cabin was far forward and I couldnt get to the Mdr before it was assigned if I pushed the button from my cabin and then set off walking.

Personally, I would wait until I received the notice that my table is ready before I actually came to the MDR. The elevator area in front of the MDR is typically packed with people who didn't wait, which makes it harder on both the hostesses and the people whose already have an assigned table. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, staceyglow said:

Personally, I would wait until I received the notice that my table is ready before I actually came to the MDR. The elevator area in front of the MDR is typically packed with people who didn't wait, which makes it harder on both the hostesses and the people whose already have an assigned table. 

My cabin was on a different deck and far forward. Sometimes it took 10 minutes to get a elevator. I never beat the assignment to the Mdr if I pushed it as I was leaving. I think this might depend where you are and how fast you walk?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My cabin was on a different deck and far forward. Sometimes it took 10 minutes to get a elevator. I never beat the assignment to the Mdr if I pushed it as I was leaving. I think this might depend where you are and how fast you walk?

I don't know what ships you have been on, but I have never had to wait ten minutes for an elevator. 

My point was about not clogging up the lobby in front of the MDR. If I was going to start on my way before I was assigned a table, it's better IMO to hang out nearby (Promenade deck or lobby bar, for example) and wait for your notification.

It is super annoying when you have your table number and it takes ten minutes to get past people sitting on the stairs, people stacked in front of the hostess stand, etc. What they really need to do is have a velvet-rope type of line that is only for people who have their table number, have their whole party together, and are ready to sit down. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

I agree because it’s hard to tell who has a table assignment and who’s waiting for an assignment with all the people standing around. You can wait until you’re close, but it’s nice if you sit elsewhere ( close but not at the MDR). 

• Like 6

Hello everyone, I got an email from Carnival and it reads the following....

"Based on dining room capacity, we confirm requests on a “first come, first served” basis. While we were unable to accommodate your waitlisted dining time request, your dining time remains confirmed for LATE DINING"

How do you understand this? Am I able or unable to do your time dining?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

5 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

"Based on dining room capacity, we confirm requests on a “first come, first served” basis. While we were unable to accommodate your waitlisted dining time request, your dining time remains confirmed for LATE DINING"

Late dining is assigned dining time. Usually like 8 pm. It's been a while since I've had it. You don't use the app. Your dining room name and location will be on your sign and sail card and you show up to the dining room at that same time every night.

So no you can't use YTD and you'll have the same table every night as well.

Edited by starstruck05
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

Late dining is assigned dining time. Usually like 8 pm. It's been a while since I've had it. You don't use the app. Your dining room name and location will be on your sign and sail card and you show up to the dining room at that same time every night.

So no you can't use YTD and you'll have the same table every night as well.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. 

So If I wanted to dine at 7 pm, I'm unable to login to the app and select a 7 pm dining? I have no choice but to go to my assigned dining time at 815? 815 was my assigned time. 

Thanks again. 

1 minute ago, Jayhoaps said:

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. 

So If I wanted to dine at 7 pm, I'm unable to login to the app and select a 7 pm dining? I have no choice but to go to my assigned dining time at 815? 815 was my assigned time. 

Thanks again. 

That is correct. You don't get a choice with assigned time. It won't even give you the option on the app if you have assigned time.

• Like 1

Just now, starstruck05 said:

That is correct. You don't get a choice with assigned time. It won't even give you the option on the app if you have assigned time.

Aww that sucks and is quite unfortunate. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it at this time. 
Time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayhoaps said:

Aww that sucks and is quite unfortunate. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it at this time. 
Time.

You can try going to talk to the Maitre'D as soon as you get onboard and see if you are able to be moved.  No guarantee, but I have seen it happen.

• Like 1

I hope it's okay to piggyback on this thread. When you reserve a table through the app for YTD, how long do you have to get to your table? I will be traveling with my elderly parents and they're slow walkers.

43 minutes ago, Andoria said:

I hope it's okay to piggyback on this thread. When you reserve a table through the app for YTD, how long do you have to get to your table? I will be traveling with my elderly parents and they're slow walkers.

The App says they will hold the table for ten minutes.  You should wait with your parents in a public area near the aft elevators for the notification.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

The App says they will hold the table for ten minutes.  You should wait with your parents in a public area near the aft elevators for the notification.  

Thank you!

15 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

You can try going to talk to the Maitre'D as soon as you get onboard and see if you are able to be moved.  No guarantee, but I have seen it happen.

Thanks for the reply. Yes on the first day of cruise, I will inquire with the Maitre'D. I just have to go to the MDR, right?

15 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes on the first day of cruise, I will inquire with the Maitre'D. I just have to go to the MDR, right?

Usually they are somewhere around the ship.  I know on Horizon, they were by the coffee shop around 1.  

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 9:29 PM, Jayhoaps said:

No you are not you still have late dinning

On 9/4/2024 at 9:19 AM, Andoria said:

And to piggyback on other responses, the best place to wait is a nearby lounge/bar/seating area, not the stairwell/elevator lobby adjacent to the MDR doors itself. Doing the former gives you ample time to take the elevator down from the Alchemy Bar area to the MDR entrance on Deck #3, for example. Folks clogging the area directly in front of the Hostesses that don't yet have their table assignment (or worse yet, haven't even applied for one on the App) have become an increasingly problematic crowding issue in recent years. As was suggested elsewhere, Carnival would benefit from a marked velvet rope line for those that actually arrive with their table assignment in hand (like you're supposed to).

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1