Package Notation vs Travel Summary

kes601

I posted something similar in another thread but now have another question.  So, we have the new Princess Premier that was upgraded from the old Princess Premier, which was upgraded from Plus.

When we updated to the new Premier things were not done correctly.  Instead of charging us $140 they credited $140 and not all line items showed up on our Travel Summary.  So I inquired again.  This person "fixed" it by simply removing the original Plus and adding the new things from Premier that were missing.  By doing so we now have a $700 credit because they removed Plus.

Well, now the Travel Summary no longer notes the Crew Appreciation or the original purchases.  Such as -- Wifi mentions 4 device upgrade, but the original wifi isn't listed, same with the drink package, etc.

The app indicates I have to pay for wifi (I'm assuming because the "upgrade" is there but not the original purchase from Plus.  The website also now says I can pay pre-paid gratuities (before it just said included with package).  But, an item like unlimited specialty dining, which is unique to premier, works properly (as in I can book specialty dining at no cost).

I cannot get anybody from Princess to see that there may be an issue and they all say "you have Premier, all that stuff is included".  So my question is, how messy is this going to get if we get on the ship and the Travel Summary doesn't show everything that we really should have on Premier?  Is this something Guest Services can fix?  If not what should I do at this point?  If we hadn't already paid the balance I might just cancel and book Holland for the same day.  Princess is making it frustrating for a first time Cruiser.

ETA: Our booking summary (the one they send w/o the Travel Summary stuff) indicates we have Premier.

Edited by kes601
  • Thanks 1

I have ongoing issues as well. Just cannot get any help. Told me it can only be resolved on the ship.

all kinds of IT issues and glitches. All the time.

12 hours ago, kes601 said:

ETA: Our booking summary (the one they send w/o the Travel Summary stuff) indicates we have Premier.

If you log onto Princess.com and go to “My Account ”, “Manage This Cruise” and then the “Beverage” tab - you can scroll down to “Reservations and Purchases”.  It should be a comprehensive list of the items that you have as part of your package.  It should list the Plus items and the Premier Upgrade items. (Or, if they cancelled Plus and did it as Premier only - it will list Premier items.). It should list everything, including Reserved Theater Seating.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

If you log onto Princess.com and go to “My Account ”, “Manage This Cruise” and then the “Beverage” tab - you can scroll down to “Reservations and Purchases”.  It should be a comprehensive list of the items that you have as part of your package.  It should list the Plus items and the Premier Upgrade items. (Or, if they cancelled Plus and did it as Premier only - it will list Premier items.). It should list everything, including Reserved Theater Seating.

Thanks, everything is there except for Crew Appreciation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kes601 said:

Thanks, everything is there except for Crew Appreciation.

I have the same issue with a cruise. Was given Premium due to a mistake in booking but not everything is showing on the travel summary including the casual and specialty dining.   Im just too lazy to call and deal with it right now.

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2024 at 8:43 AM, FLAlaska said:

I have the same issue with a cruise. Was given Premium due to a mistake in booking but not everything is showing on the travel summary including the casual and specialty dining.   Im just too lazy to call and deal with it right now.

Is that the same cruise you phoned about, like I did?

My travel summary just says Sanctuary Collection.  Links in booking website and app say I purchased Premier and that lists all the old Premier.  I 

Can pay for wifi & CA but not purchase a bundle due to conflict. Must purchase on the ship. Web error. I have to purchase if I want it.   So, I think it is solved for me.

We had Plus on our cruise in July and the Travel Summary didn't list the included Casual Meals. It wasn't a problem at all. The app is frequently wrong so I wouldn't worry about anything it says. It told us we needed to order our medallions even after we had received them. I think you are good to go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dog said:

Is that the same cruise you phoned about, like I did?

My travel summary just says Sanctuary Collection.  Links in booking website and app say I purchased Premier and that lists all the old Premier.  I 

Can pay for wifi & CA but not purchase a bundle due to conflict. Must purchase on the ship. Web error. I have to purchase if I want it.   So, I think it is solved for me.

No, its actually a different one. I called and they told me it was fine, but I just never believe it until Im on ship anymore 

However, the other one had a big price reduction. And I cancelled and rebooked yesterday for $300 less and now actually  includes the new Premier. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLAlaska said:

No, its actually a different one. I called and they told me it was fine, but I just never believe it until Im on ship anymore 

However, the other one had a big price reduction. And I cancelled and rebooked yesterday for $300 less and now actually  includes the new Premier. 

It is still messed up for me- the old premier is listed in my personalizer and now the app has me getting the new premier!

• Haha 1

In regard to showing the gratuities in the package. I just opened my next cruise that is booked and with the plus package.

I went into payments, then crew appreciation prepayment, opened it up and it says that

Crew appreciations paid for as part of the promotion.

It is all listed in the Travel summary as well. 

Hope that helps!