Do You Need To Do Your On-line "Check in" For The 2nd Leg Of Your B2B Cruise?

We are doing a B3B cruise, embarking at Vancouver to Honolulu, then Honolulu to Sydney, then Sydney to Sydney round trip.

Today, we received a "check in" notice from X to check in for the 2nd leg - Honolulu to Sydney segment.  I believe we do not have to "check in" for the 2nd leg - even though we have received the notice.

Am I right just to disregard the "check in" notice? 

Please advise.  Thank you very much!!

2 minutes ago, Godblessourhome said:

I believe we do not have to "check in" for the 2nd leg - even though we have received the notice.

We checked in for it so we would have the boarding passes JUST IN CASE. 

You do not have to worry about getting a check in time but I would do the check in just to have an additional backup.  There is a very good chance it will not be needed but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godblessourhome said:

We are doing a B3B cruise, embarking at Vancouver to Honolulu, then Honolulu to Sydney, then Sydney to Sydney round trip.

Today, we received a "check in" notice from X to check in for the 2nd leg - Honolulu to Sydney segment.  I believe we do not have to "check in" for the 2nd leg - even though we have received the notice.

Yes, you are correct, no need to check in for the second and third legs.  

25 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes, you are correct, no need to check in for the second and third legs.  

Thank you and appreciate all for your helpful advices. 

It does not make any sense at all to do the "check-in" again as you are onboard the ship already.

Unless, this is the NEW procedure required just LATELY.

Has anybody heard of such new requirement and the reason why I received such a "check in" notice by X in the email?

23 hours ago, Godblessourhome said:

... the reason why I received such a "check in" notice by X in the email?

The reason you received a notice is because you are taking two cruises.  While we all talk about B2B, the only thing that distinguishes your 2nd cruise from your 1st is how you get off and back on the ship, and perhaps a B2B luncheon.  The folks on the ship know what's happening, which is why you needn't check in for #2, but the system doesn't.

As far as the system goes, you don't have a B2B.  You have two cruises that just happen to end and start on the same day.  Even your accounting for your first cruise is reckoned separately at the end of the first cruise.  You'll start a brand new folio for charges for your 2nd cruise.

Edited by canderson

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

The reason you received a notice is because you are taking two cruises.  While we all talk about B2B, the only thing that distinguishes your 2nd cruise from your 1st is how you get off and back on the ship, and perhaps a B2B luncheon.  The folks on the ship know what's happening, which is why you needn't check in for #2, but the system doesn't.

As far as the system goes, you don't have a B2B.  You have two cruises that just happen to end and start on the same day.  Even your accounting for your first cruise is reckoned separately at the end of the first cruise.  You'll start a brand new folio for charges for your 2nd cruise.

Thank you for clarifying and the reasons why I got the email from X.

We have taken many b2bs - but this is the first time that we get this notice.

All good helpful information.  Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Nice to know that we will NOT have to do the on-line check in for the 2nd or the 3rd leg.  🥰🥰