Should I Be Worried about " Room Location Upgrade"

Wanderfully

I just realized " Room Location Upgrade" has recently been added next to our names on our Travel Summary with a dollar amount left blank. We are a group of several couples with rooms all next to each other in our desired location booked for next year. I assumed our TA indicated "no upgrades" on our booking, but she is new as our old TA retired. I'm not sure from other posts whether " room location upgrade" indicates our TA didn't stipulate "no upgrades wanted" or something to do with being charged at a "lesser cabin rate" as another post stated? ( I know we can be moved at Princess's discretion anyway but we've always booked these cabins, no upgrade, as a block and never been moved)

Our bookings were just at the regular sale rate going on in Feb 2024.

In addition, in previous years when a group of us went together and booked at least 8 rooms, our TA gave us a 1 full cabin price off our booking that we shared among us ( or a credit as OBC ..can't remember for sure). Could that location upgrade have anything to do with that as it does have a dollar amount left blank for now? 

It's our first cruise post COVID and I know things may have changed ...just wanted your thoughts or experiences before reaching out. Thanks so much.

There are some sales that provides a free upgrade/discount when you book. If you purchased when that was offered it would reflect that under the sale terms on your booking sheet.

• Like 1

If what you're seeing on your Travel Summary reads as the screenshot below, it means that there was a promotion at the time you booked that allowed you to secure a location upgrade at no cost.  For example, you could have booked and chosen a cabin in Category BB at the Category BE fare.  The only free upgrade promotions at the time of booking I've seen from Princess since the restart are location upgrades.

You should confirm that your booking is marked "no upgrades" so that there is a higher chance that you won't get an unwanted upgrade moving you away from your group.  As you are aware and is stated in your Travel Summary, you can be moved at Princess' discretion and with no compensation.

Screenshot 2024-09-04 213540.jpg

• Like 2

There are enough things in life that appropriately deserve your worry.  This is probably not one of them.  If you carefully research your cabin choice when you booked the cruise, stick with it.  Cabin “upgrades” are rarely an improvement over what your carefully researched choice.  Cruise lines play this game to fill up their cabins more efficiently.  They certainly don’t care if they’ve tricked you into giving up a quiet, well-located cabin for one above a noisy restaurant.  Choose the cabin that’s right for you, then ignore the silly “upgrade” games. 

On 9/4/2024 at 6:51 PM, Wanderfully said:

... I assumed our TA indicated "no upgrades" on our booking, but she is new as our old TA retired. I'm not sure from other posts whether " room location upgrade" indicates our TA didn't stipulate "no upgrades wanted"

2 things:

1. NEVER ASS-U-ME ANYTHING! If you don't want to be upgraded mark it thus

2. "room location upgrade" (JMHO & experience) means you paid for 1 category  but received a better category when booking due to a promo at the booking time (pd for BE but got Bor better)

No issue just ask to have no upgrade added if that's what you want

• Like 1

Check the specific cabin you've been assigned and then check with the others in your group to see if everyone has the cabins you were originally assigned.  If y'all are still in a group then the Room Location Upgrade should be on everyone's travel summary and you're fine.

We show the same notation. We booked we paid for a BF and were assigned a BB.