Move up Bid to Junior Suite

21 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I was wondering the same thing. It will be interesting to see people's experiences from different ships and different ports. I'll be able to report on the Symphony from Miami in three months, if nobody beats me to it. 😉 

And Explorer in March 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, poocher said:

So perhaps, and I am just supposing here, ships that have that distinction don’t allow regular JSs to board as a suite?  Others without such a distinction do?

I don't know....like I said different ports may do things differently. But my recent experience at Port Canaveral is that Sea Class JS's at Port Canaveral don't get priority boarding or can sit in the suite area pre-boarding. My wife had to use the bathroom and the closest was in the suite area by which we were sitting right across....even that was a battle to let her in the suite area just to use their bathroom.

Edited by bajathree

13 hours ago, bajathree said:

Not on the last few sailings I did in a JS. It may depend on the port but I can tell you that Port Canaveral no longer recognizes a JS for priority boarding....suite check in or allowed to sit in the suite boarding lounge area. 

Doesn't your Set Sail Pass just say "SUITE"? They would only know your are in a JS if you, personally, waved it in their face and said "I am not a real suite"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Doesn't your Set Sail Pass just say "SUITE"? They would only know your are in a JS if you, personally, waved it in their face and said "I am not a real suite"

Probably depends on the ship [class].  The ships that have Royal Suite class(es) will say “Sky Class”…or whatever class it is, but the ships without Royal Suite Class will just say “Suite”.

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Nope....I download my sea pass into my wallet and it said Sea Class right on the sea pass in it. They must have been told to start paying attention to it. They also have a sign in front of the entrance  of the suite lounge area saying who has access and it didn't include Sea Class. I thought the same also....just show them my sea pass showing suite on it and I'm good to go.....wasn't the case.....they looked and said Sea Class isn't included. I even got a 3rd rep involved and she said I know it says suite but Sea Class doesn't get that access.

Edited by bajathree

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The local reps were all wrong.

Next time you can pull up RC's website where it outright says sea class gets priority boarding.

I am always early to the port and always seated in the first group....so I was right behind suites anyways. However it was clear that you weren't part of the "suite" class and didn't have access to sitting in the suite area for priority boarding. So if "sea class" isn't allowed to sit in the suite lounge I don't know how you would have got priority boarding?