Bringing canned soda onboard Southampton

milolii

I know this topic has been discussed many times for the US ports, but I’m wondering about the practice at Southampton, UK. I also posted on the port of call forum.

We want to bring canned soda onboard.  Do I give it to the port baggage workers or take it onboard myself?  

ty 

@milolii  We stayed overnight at Premier Inn in Southampton and found a Poundland close by.  Their prices for canned soda was excellent and they even allowed us to use the wheeled buggy to take our 24 cans across the road to the hotel!  As per Princess policy; you MUST carry them onboard, can't go in checked luggage which is what the porters handle.

Thanks for giving me an excuse to post my picture!  This is on Sky Princess out of Southampton Aug. 3, 2024.

I was so happy to be able to carry on these 2 cases of 8 regular size cans each  - that is what they sold at the Tesco at the Southampton train station before we took a taxi to the ship!  Probably could have brought more - but this worked.

We don't do packages so this was great!  Only wish they had my favorite Diet/Zero Dr. Pepper - but better than paying by the can ship price - or even the 6 can package.  Just looked it up - came out to $6 USD each case of 8 cans.

71262CA6-4D06-4F85-B71C-FFC0ECF46DEC_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.36856292592a322d96456e857c08a369.jpeg

Edited by ColoradoMom!!
Add price
  • Like 1