Aon Affinity travel protection

I purchased this for a November cruise that was recently cancelled (not by me, by the person I was to sail with).  Today I called to cancel this and they said you had to cancel like 10 days after buying it and I am now outside that window.  Do you think there is any chance I could get my money back somehow?  It’s a total loss since I’m not even cruising (I got a full refund on the cruise).  The lady on the phone today was a hard no. But if anyone had an experience where they could get a refund after the expiration date passed, please let me know and how you did it.

54 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You cant get a refund on travel insurance just because you aren’t traveling now; you had coverage. 

Can you get a refund on your car insurance if you don’t make a claim?

What’s your point? To be mean? Thanks.  Someone cancelled my cruise without my knowledge. I’m just trying to salvage things the best I can and an extra $100 would be helpful to have back in my bank account since it’s wasted on nothing now that I am not cruising.

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You cant get a refund on travel insurance just because you aren’t traveling now; you had coverage. 

Can you get a refund on your car insurance if you don’t make a claim?

And yes, if you no longer have a car, you can get a refund on the unused part of the premium you paid on insurance because who insures something they no longer own??  I had a cruise for zero percent of the premium I paid.

Sorry that your cruise was canceled, hopefully everything is well with your travel companion.

Travel insurance policies usually have a “look back” period that varies between different companies and possibly your state of residence. The look back period is so you can review the policy terms and cancel the policy for a full refund if not satisfied.

Go to Royal Caribbeans website and find the page for the travel insurance then click on Learn More then click on view program details, scroll down and find the download after entering your state. That should have the fine print for you to review and hopefully have the policy cancellation information.

Edited by Vibe

13 minutes ago, Vibe said:

Sorry that your cruise was canceled, hopefully everything is well with your travel companion.

Travel insurance policies usually have a “look back” period that varies between different companies and possibly your state of residence. The look back period is so you can review the policy terms and cancel the policy for a full refund if not satisfied.

Go to Royal Caribbeans website and find the page for the travel insurance then click on Learn More then click on view program details, scroll down and find the download after entering your state. That should have the fine print for you to review and hopefully have the policy cancellation information.

Thanks for all your info. I had a boatmance. It didn’t work out. Feeling like an idiot. Had a lot of fallout, Yiikes I am a loser.

17 minutes ago, Vibe said:

No I got broken up with, cruise cancelled by other party

9 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

Thanks for all your info. I had a boatmance. It didn’t work out. Feeling like an idiot. Had a lot of fallout, Yiikes I am a loser.

When one door closes, it gives the opportunity for another door to open. Take care.

9 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

The refund did not come from insurance, correct? I would call again.

You may be out of luck if you bought "cancel for any reason" coverage, but I have cancelled and been refunded for flight only insurance.

i cancelled a cruise just before payment date. Got all my money back.  While I didn't get my insurance back, they were willing to switch the insurance to another cruise within two years of the original purchase.

2 hours ago, hancock said:

i cancelled a cruise just before payment date. Got all my money back.  While I didn't get my insurance back, they were willing to switch the insurance to another cruise within two years of the original purchase.

That is very useful as I have a Royal cruise next June. Maybe they could transfer it to that one.  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

That is very useful as I have a Royal cruise next June. Maybe they could transfer it to that one.  Thanks.

I have never heard of cruise line insurance being transferred to different sailings.  Other policies yes, but not cruise line insurance

• Like 1