Sun Princess Main Dining Room, deck 6, deck 7... and deck 8?

My sister is cruising with two other women on the Sun Princess in October.  She was told three different stories by three different Sun Princess dining experts when she called Princess today.  I think she was given incorrect info.

Apparently, she was told that there's no "anytime dining in the MDR" anymore.  I'd read earlier this year that deck 6 was traditional early/late seating, deck 7 was anytime dining, and deck 8 was an American style diner (and that this restaurant had a set menu that is the same each day).  Princess reps told my sister that this isn't true anymore (?) and that deck 6 and deck 7 are both only early/late dining seatings, whereas deck 8 is where anytime diners go... and that it features the same exact menu as found on deck 6 and 7.  So, since my sister wants anytime dining, the rep canceled the bookings another rep put in for her on deck 6 and deck 7, and told her just to go to deck 8 each night.  I told her that while I believe you can go to dinner at anytime on deck 8, your options will be a very limited menu that will be the same each night on deck 8 and not have anything to do with the daily menus on deck 6/7.

Am I right, or am I wrong?  I told her she should have kept the assigned table times on deck 6 and deck 7 as a back up, and then tried a night or two at the deck 8 diner.  

Your sister was told incorrectly.

At least, for now.

Currently:

6 is set time

7 iss anytime, whether reserved or not, with spill over to deck 6

8 is American Diner 

However - there are strong rumors of a dining change coming for October, when Sanctuary Collection begins..

That looks like: American Diner to aft of buffet, where Catch and Butcher's Block are currently.

Butcher's Block moving to Crown Grill space.

Crown Grill to either Reserve or Signature Restaurant 

Catch to the other Reserve or Signature Restaurant 

And Sanctuary Collection dining to deck 8 MDR space.

This has not been confirmed by Princess yet, but very compelling arguments and rumors for it...

Currently though, 6 is set, 7 is anytime, 8 is American Diner.  Anytime/reservations for anytime is alive and well, and not going anywhere...

It is important to note, however, that even though Deck 7 is labeled as “Anytime”, it isn’t, really. If you try to make a reservation there, you will be offered early times that begin with a “5” and then there is a gap all the way to 7:20. So there is no way to make a reservation at 6:15 or 6:30 or 6:50 or 7:00. So in that respect, Deck 7 is far more similar to Deck 6 than it is different.  It might be possible to walk in at other times. But making reservations at Deck 7 is very similar to Deck 6. The only difference is that there aren’t two distinct seatings like there are on 6. But there are “early” and “late” times offered that get you almost to the same place. The late seating on 6 is at 7:30. The earliest time available on Deck 7 after the “gap” is 7:20. “Anytime” isn’t really “anytime.”

Anyone queuing on Deck 7 May well be taken down to deck 6 and given a table there.

They only keep your reserved table on deck 6 for 15 minutes. We leaned the hard way when we were late due to the Captain’s circle elite and platinum party running on too long. Our table in the MDR was given to someone on “Anytime”.

• Like 1