Windstar in Civitavecchia

Cody-wody

We're disembarking in Civitavecchia (Wind Spirit) and I have a couple of questions:

1. Does Windstar sell a transfer into Central Rome? NOT the airport. Debating about buying train ticket.

2. Does the ship dock in a convenient location to easily reach the train station? I understand there's a shuttle to the port entrance but it's then a mile long walk to the train station? Is this how it works for Windstar? 

Any advice on getting from the Wind Spirit into Central Rome is appreciated! 

Edited by Cody-wody

• Cody-wody changed the title to Windstar in Civitavecchia

Windstar has a bus to the hotel Savoy, which is a 10 walk to the Borghese Garden and Museum, easy wall to the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps. I think you can buy a ticket to Rome ,  without staying in the hotel. The hotel has a roof top garden and at sun down the sunsets at St. Peter's. Wonderful hotel. I think one of the best that WS Cruises offers. I think the train station is a bit more than a mile in Civitavecchia. Sometimes you can get a cab there. Happy Sailing

When we debarked from the wind Spirit in May, we were on the main pier but near the exit.  They had cabs not far from the ship and we took a cab from there on a Sunday morning.  Ride was metered and it costs over Euros240 for the 4 of us.  A bit excessive.  The train station is approx 1km from where you exit the port (train ride Euros10).  It's a 75 minute drive downtown even with no traffic. I am pretty sure you can buy a Rome transfer even you don't stay at the Windstar hotel.  You'll just get dropped off there.

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We have a transfer from our Rome hotel to FCO in October for €75 (total) with Stefano's Rome Cabs.  We have used them before (from Rome to Civitavecchia), and highly recommend them.

Did you book that a while ago?  When I clicked on that link the price I saw was 200 euros when I do a mock booking. The page says it will be 100 euros but the quote keeps coming back as 200. And they seem to limit your luggage?

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We have a transfer from our Rome hotel to FCO in October for €75 (total) with Stefano's Rome Cabs.  We have used them before (from Rome to Civitavecchia), and highly recommend them.

Thank you but that seems a lot more expensive than the train which is like 30 Euros for two people. We'll try to see about the bus transfer... 

51 minutes ago, Cody-wody said:

Thank you but that seems a lot more expensive than the train which is like 30 Euros for two people. We'll try to see about the bus transfer... 

Yes, it will be more expensive, but remember that a cab is ship to hotel direct.  To take the train you will need a cab at each end.