Sun Princess Sanctuary

IndyKid

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Right!  They're already "in".  I asked because I thought it was already the way it was, didn't know they were waiting to implement it.
What are the other changes that will come in October?

Sanctuary Collection dining begins.

They're moving dining and specialty dining areas and rooms around.

American Diner, formerly Horizons deck 8, is being moved aft of the Eatery.

Reserve and Signature Restaurants are being combined and moved to Deck 8 Horizons space 

Deck 6 and 7 Horizons are being renamed, Soleil and something else 

Crown Grill moving to Signature Restaurant, Butcher's Block to Crown Grill and Catch to Reserve dining room..(or vice versa Crown Grill to Reserve and catch to Signature)

There was a major article and posts about it on here a few days ago...

Edited by reedprincess
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2024 at 1:06 PM, JimmyVWine said:

On Sun Princess, for another month, the Sanctuary is divided into two parts. One is reserved for Suite guests and the other is a more traditional “pay to play” Sanctuary. Beginning in October, the entire area will be reserved for Suite guests and those who book the newly created “Sanctuary Collection” cabins which will be specifically designated Mini-Suites or Deluxe Balconies. Think back to when Princess sold “Club Class Mini-Suites” that provided access to a special dining area. The Sanctuary Class is the same idea only now Sanctuary access will be an included perk and some Deluxe Balconies will be part of the program. 

So the Sanctuary will not be adults only? 

19 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

So the Sanctuary will not be adults only? 

It will be age 16 and over. Families can book the Sanctuary class rooms, but any children under 16 will not be allowed into the Sanctuary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just wondering….  I don’t see us booking a Sanctuary cabin on the Sun but we were always one of the first to board other ships in order to reserve loungers in the Sanctuary.  Everyone is remarking that there will no longer be a race to the Sanctuary on the Sun because only those in Sanctuary have access.  But - has anyone determined what that access will look like?

How will the Sanctuary guests reserve “their” loungers?  Will they reserve them for the entire cruise?  Will the Sanctuary just be open to any Sanctuary passengers on a first-come first-serve basis every day?

I’m trying to understand why there still won’t be a dash to the Sanctuary even with just Sanctuary cabin passengers.  Can’t wait to find out next month.

15 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

Just wondering….  I don’t see us booking a Sanctuary cabin on the Sun but we were always one of the first to board other ships in order to reserve loungers in the Sanctuary. 

You were very lucky, then. We were never quick enough to score a spot.

No one knows yet as this all changes as of October 14/24.

22 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

Just wondering….  I don’t see us booking a Sanctuary cabin on the Sun but we were always one of the first to board other ships in order to reserve loungers in the Sanctuary.  Everyone is remarking that there will no longer be a race to the Sanctuary on the Sun because only those in Sanctuary have access.  But - has anyone determined what that access will look like?

How will the Sanctuary guests reserve “their” loungers?

I'm curious about this also, as we are booked in a Sanctuary Balcony. Looking at the deck plan for the Sun after Oct. 14, the Sanctuary area looks pretty big, so maybe there won't be a mad dash?

There is no reserving loungers. The Sanctuary on the Sun Princess is not like the other ships. It’s a special sun/pool deck for those in Sanctuary class cabins. No one else is allowed in. Show up and grab an empty lounger. If you leave someone else can take that lounger and when you come back grab another open lounger. 

• Like 1