Update on Radiance

6 hours ago, loeytalldog said:

I just posted on another thread. I am on Radiance right now and no mechanical issues. The ship is great, at the drydock they refreshed in addition to fixing the propulsion issues. 

Have they revised the old school cafeteria buffet area?

On 9/10/2024 at 3:36 PM, beach pirate said:

Technical Issues again impacting propulsion systems. Yesterday. Leaving in a week on 3b3. Any update's on the ships condition? Thanks

I was on Radiance last week (Sept 6 - 13) when you first posted, and the captain did announce and confirm that there were mechanical issues. This caused us to miss about half of our time in Juneau, arriving around 5:30 pm instead of 2pm as originally scheduled. We seemed to be back at normal speed by the next day, and the day after that we had a bridge tour during which he reconfirmed that the issue had been resolved. We did received a credit of $250 for missing those few hours, which I thought was more than fair.

Hopefully your sailing will go smoothly.   

• Like 1

We board Radiance next week, Friday, 9/27, so hoping all is fixed and in good shape for our cruise from Vancouver to LA to Tampa!! Please post if you hear more issues (or maybe not so I don't stress out). Thanks!

I'm on the ship now and misspoke earlier about it being fixed in drydock.  After digging ie talking to whoever I could talk too. They thought they fixed it in drydock but they are still having issues. Each time they hope it's fixed but there is no way of knowing it it's permanently fixed or how long it will last. Such a shame because the refresh on the rest of the ship and the crew are all great! 

• Thanks 1

We board the 27th as well, and hope it is all smooth sailing.  But given the history of the past season or two, we are approaching it with open minds, and plan B attitude.  Glad to hear that at the moment, it’s not an issue

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

We board the 27th as well, and hope it is all smooth sailing.  But given the history of the past season or two, we are approaching it with open minds, and plan B attitude.  Glad to hear that at the moment, it’s not an issue

Cruise enough its not IF its When weather, Passenger Emergency or Mechanical happens. Had at least 50 Cruises where a Cruise was altered due to one of those. Last year I Boarded Radiance after the Mech issues but remnants of Hurricane had us at Sea until Day 8 of the 16nite Panama Canal Cruise. And yes we also received $$$ for that, think was a percentage back in what we paid for the Cruise. Board Radiance again in 2 weeks, long as I'm on her I can live with Slow Go, long as it isn't No Go... 

• Like 2