Latitude 28 Degrees card - fee update

As you aware the 28 degrees card recently introduced a monthly service fee -  which lead to many to cancel their card in protest.

I held on to mine because I wanted to and I also suspected Lattitude might might do a backflip on new the monthly fee due to all the negative feedback.

Lo and behold - I Just got an email from Lattitude advising that the monthly fee is being waived for me for the next 12 months “saving me $96 and so I can spend more in the Black Friday Sales”.  How kind 😀

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

As you aware the 28 degrees card recently introduced a monthly service fee -  which lead to many to cancel their card in protest.

I held on to mine because I wanted to and I also suspected Lattitude might might do a backflip on new the monthly fee due to all the negative feedback.

Lo and behold - I Just got an email from Lattitude advising that the monthly fee is being waived for me for the next 12 months “saving me $96 and so I can spend more in the Black Friday Sales”.  How kind 😀

We just got the same email. We had been resigned to having to wear the extra cost as, being retirees, it would be too hard to get another one, so we're very happy to know the fee has been waived.

I wonder if it will just quietly go away altogether, or will there be the same shemozzle next year? 

BTW I spot-checked their exchange rates on our last statement for the transactions we incurred during our world cruise and they were very favourable, as usual. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We just got the same email. We had been resigned to having to wear the extra cost as, being retirees, it would be too hard to get another one, so we're very happy to know the fee has been waived.

I wonder if it will just quietly go away altogether, or will there be the same shemozzle next year? 

BTW I spot-checked their exchange rates on our last statement for the transactions we incurred during our world cruise and they were very favourable, as usual. 

Good to know about their exchange rate.  Be nice if they did quietly wave the fee altogether..  Let’s see what happens in 12 months.

12 months reprieve will allow me to get the UK trip out of the way next year, then I can retire the card until I need to find an alternative on the next big trip. The monthly fee is worth it, but only if you are spending overseas currency on it. Not much point having unless you are travelling.

• Like 1