Thank You Alaska

Italy52

Alaska 2024 provided us with many memorable moments.  I wish I had more time to write a detailed trip report like I have done in the past.  Unfortunately, it is not possible this year.  So, I thought I would share a few pictures of our May and August cruises to Alaska.

1.  Hubbard excursion that was offered through Princess and conducted by Allen Marine.  The calving that day was insane.

DSC_7834-A.jpg

• Like 2

9.  A few views of Glacier Bay.  Our May transit was beautiful with lots of snow.  Our August transit was foggy and not as scenic.  So glad we had two opportunities to see Glacier Bay.

DSC_8091.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coral said:

Excellent pics (as usual)!  Your whale pics are amazing.

Doing a land trip to British Columbia soon..... Looking forward to waterfalls.

You are so kind.  We took so many pictures; it was really hard to narrow it down a few to post.  We took our whale pictures on Cpt. Casey's boat; the one that you were on.  We had a great time and the whales loved performing for us that day.

Are you going to Whistler?  I bet the change of colors will be beautiful; have a wonderful time.

On 9/12/2024 at 3:52 PM, Italy52 said:

7.  Bear watching excursion in Ketchikan.  Offered through Princess and ran by a company at the Rainforest Sanctuary.

DSC_3153.JPG

Is this the black bear, wildlife, and nature walk tour 

9 hours ago, Italy52 said:

You are so kind.  We took so many pictures; it was really hard to narrow it down a few to post.  We took our whale pictures on Cpt. Casey's boat; the one that you were on.  We had a great time and the whales loved performing for us that day.

Are you going to Whistler?  I bet the change of colors will be beautiful; have a wonderful time.

Yes - I will have 6 nights in Whistler. Hoping to spend time in Squamish also. Looking at web cams and colors haven't changed yet. Hopefully.

Capt. Casey's boat looked brand new when I was on it. Casey is great! Great family!

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, l2f said:

Is this the black bear, wildlife, and nature walk tour 

Yes, the Black Bear, Wildlife & Nature Walk is the name of the excursion.  We have taken this excursion 3 times; all during times that bears/salmon were in season.  We had one good visit with about 3 bears that appeared, one with a bear that was so far off that we really didn't see much and this last one we only saw one bear that picked up a fish and then meandered into the brush. Given how much this excursion has gone up in price over the years and what we have been able to see, I don't think we will repeat it in the future --- others might have had a better experience.

We have also taken 2 Anan Creek bear watch tours with Island Wings that were outstanding.

• Like 1