Embarkation at Portsmouth

Balaena

When we arrived earlier in the year the taxi driver told us they had been told not to arrive before 12.45. Those arriving earlier would be held in a taxi queue until that time. Whether this is now the norm I don't know but our taxi driver had been kept in a holding line when he had arrived at 12.30 on his previous Saga taxi run. 

The MDR is usually only open on departure day from noon until around 1.00 to 1.15 ish when the Grill effectively takes over. The supper club was, however, open on our last cruise for fish and chips (and burgers I think, in other words the Veranda menu) as an alternative when joining the ship at lunchtime.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, david05 said:

When we arrived earlier in the year the taxi driver told us they had been told not to arrive before 12.45. Those arriving earlier would be held in a taxi queue until that time. Whether this is now the norm I don't know but our taxi driver had been kept in a holding line when he had arrived at 12.30 on his previous Saga taxi run. 

The MDR is usually only open on departure day from noon until around 1.00 to 1.15 ish when the Grill effectively takes over. The supper club was, however, open on our last cruise for fish and chips (and burgers I think, in other words the Veranda menu) as an alternative when joining the ship at lunchtime.

Mirrors my experience this Summer. I was picked up at home very early and our shared car arrived at the cruise terminal at around 12:50. We were onboard shortly after 1:00. On boarding we were advised that the Restaurant was still open but would close in a matter of minutes, so if we wished to eat there we should go straight there with our hand luggage as there was unlikely to be sufficient time to drop it off in our cabins then come back; we were ginen to understand that the restaurant was opened mainly for those on back to back cruises. As the Grill was open until around 3:00 I chose to dine there.

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 1