Premier Package and Upgrade Bid Question

daveo6313

I booked a cruise for November of this year with the premier package, since then they have made changes to the package by including unlimited specialty dining.  I paid the pr-change price so I am wondering if I will I get the unlimited speciality dining or will I have to pay the additional cost.  

My other question is when is the earliest and the latest I can expect to get an answer on if my upgrade bid was accepted?  I am assuming that it could be as late as the day of or day before cruising.  I would love to hear what others have experienced.

6 minutes ago, daveo6313 said:

I booked a cruise for November of this year with the premier package, since then they have made changes to the package by including unlimited specialty dining.  I paid the pr-change price so I am wondering if I will I get the unlimited speciality dining or will I have to pay the additional cost.  

My other question is when is the earliest and the latest I can expect to get an answer on if my upgrade bid was accepted?  I am assuming that it could be as late as the day of or day before cruising.  I would love to hear what others have experienced.

You'll get what was included in your package at the time you purchased it.

2 specialty dinners and 15 alcoholic drinks cap...

If you want the new perks, you have to pay the upgrade charge, $10pp per night of sailing.

As for kids - as early as the next day and as late as two days prior to sailing. And there's no real rhyme or reason to it.. 

1 hour ago, indexcards said:

I just got e-mail that my upgrade bid was accepted for an October 19 cruise.

My question is ...I paid for package which is included in the upgrade level cabin,  will I receive a credit for this package payment?

I assume this is for the new "Sanctuary Collection" on the Sun. Is that correct?

If so it sounds like you will be on one of the first few cruises with this new category so we may not know for sure until October. 

With that said, based on the upgrade bid FAQs on the Princess website your upgrade comes with all the perks of the upgraded class so I think you SHOULD get the package included and be able to get a refund of the prepaid package. But who knows. Princess may change the rules for this new category. 🤷‍♀️

Screenshot_20240918_135304_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89c35ad8900ae376b23596cb3b50bf9a.jpg

You may have to ask at Passenger Service desk to get it if they do honor these terms and you'll likely get it back as OBC. But also ask your TA or CVP if you used one. They may know more.

Let us know what you find out.

17 hours ago, indexcards said:

My question is ...I paid for package which is included in the upgrade level cabin,  will I receive a credit for this package payment?

My understanding is the Bid only covers the room. You will have the same package you purchased previously.

Jimmy Wine looked into this on another thread re: Sanctuary, Signature threads.

i also had incorrect information on my bid offer. It was a web error, I was told.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, indexcards said:

We also had a bid accepted moving us to Sanctuary Collection and already have the old Premier package. Was told via chat that we retain old Premier unless we pay for the new Premier. Current package is not refunded which makes sense. We submitted a bid just over minimum. Well worth the cost for Sanctuary access IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1