Beyond ABC Sailing Questions

Diserella

Couple of questions for those who have been on these sailings recently and may know...

1.) How much is the Twilight Thermal Spa session? Was it crowded? Was the day pass $69?

2.) Did they actually have the Magic Carpet dinner happen? Is so, which night? Yes, I know this can vary widely based on conditions.

3.) Did people dress up for the 80s party?

4.) In Bonaire, how much time from getting off the ship to driving off in your golf cart from Bonnaire cruisers? In other words, how long to walk there and go through the check-in process? Roughly.

Thank you for any info on the above. 

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Bonaire cruisers was about 30-40 minutes from leaving the ship to exiting the golf cart lot.  But we  were a group of 8 carts so that took a few minutes longer.  

Thank you. That is helpful. 

1..3 questions no clue

2..2 questions..weather dependent and it varies

3. Yes

4. 3 more questions..30 minutes, half a mile or so.

Nine questions.  🙂 

Chill.

Wife and I sail this ABC route this Saturday…

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

1..3 questions no clue

2..2 questions..weather dependent and it varies

3. Yes

4. 3 more questions..30 minutes, half a mile or so.

Nine questions.  🙂 

Chill.

Wife and I sail this ABC route this Saturday…

Thank you for the response. Yes, I realized at the end that it was more than just a couple of questions. Multiple per topic. Chill. 😄

1.) I asked about the thermal spa pricing because I am trying to decide if I want to purchase the length of cruise pass knowing I will likely only use it 1 to 3 times. 

2.) I have sailed EDGE class several times and the Magic Carpet dinner has always been cancelled on me. Just curious of the likelihood we might get to do it this time. I also schedule specialty dining for (most) every night, so any insights would be helpful, although I understand there are no guarantees and that I can change things around onboard. 

3.) Just curious if I should bother purchasing 80s costume wear.

4.) I was curious about the check-in time because we have multiple excursions planned for this day and was trying to determine the order based on timing. 

I plan my trips meticulously, which I realize is not everyone's style, but I have my reasons. 

I hope you have a great vacation and hope you will post about your experience!

9 minutes ago, Diserella said:

3.) Just curious if I should bother purchasing 80s costume wear.

4.) I was curious about the check-in time because we have multiple excursions planned for this day and was trying to determine the order based on timing. 

No, I don’t think you should bother.  The 80s Dance Party is an hour of your entire cruise.  The activities team dresses up and sets the tone.  I didn’t notice anyone else dressed up for it last week.

Gosh, it sounds like you have a busy day in Bonaire planned.  I am guessing maybe 30 minutes lapsed from disembarkation to driving off from their office.  After completing the south loop and part of the north loop to 1,000 Steps and back, the heat had us pretty beat.  We all turned in the carts and most of us headed back to the ship for lunch.  But if you are go, go, go then I would suggest you do Bonaire Cruisers as early as you can get off the ship.  If it is not too busy yet, they may walk you from the canopy directly to their office like they did for us back in 2021.  But we had five carts reserved.  Once the crowds set in later in the morning, then they may have to just point you in the right direction and leave you to your own navigational devices to get over to their office.  Great people!  What else exciting are you planning there?  We love the ABCs.

11 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

No, I don’t think you should bother.  The 80s Dance Party is an hour of your entire cruise.  The activities team dresses up and sets the tone.  I didn’t notice anyone else dressed up for it last week.

Gosh, it sounds like you have a busy day in Bonaire planned.  I am guessing maybe 30 minutes lapsed from disembarkation to driving off from their office.  After completing the south loop and part of the north loop to 1,000 Steps and back, the heat had us pretty beat.  We all turned in the carts and most of us headed back to the ship for lunch.  But if you are go, go, go then I would suggest you do Bonaire Cruisers as early as you can get off the ship.  If it is not too busy yet, they may walk you from the canopy directly to their office like they did for us back in 2021.  But we had five carts reserved.  Once the crowds set in later in the morning, then they may have to just point you in the right direction and leave you to your own navigational devices to get over to their office.  Great people!  What else exciting are you planning there?  We love the ABCs.

Thank you. Yes, we are go, go, go! I am still working out our exact plans. I do have a golf cart with Bonaire Cruisers resreved, but may have to give it up and do a car or taxi instead to get everything done. We also have a snorkel excursion booked. And I'd like to fit in the landsailing as well, if possible. We will be off the ship the full time 8:30am to 7:30pm. I am sure it will be quite hot. We are in Mexico or the Caribbean once a month, so we are accustomed to it. 

8 hours ago, Diserella said:

Thank you. Yes, we are go, go, go! I am still working out our exact plans. I do have a golf cart with Bonaire Cruisers resreved, but may have to give it up and do a car or taxi instead to get everything done. We also have a snorkel excursion booked. And I'd like to fit in the landsailing as well, if possible. We will be off the ship the full time 8:30am to 7:30pm. I am sure it will be quite hot. We are in Mexico or the Caribbean once a month, so we are accustomed to it. 

What sailing are you on?  We have a couple of cruises booked with Bonaire stops and our latest scheduled departure is 6 pm with others at 4 p.m, making for a short day. 

If you are going to do Bonaire Cruisers I think you need to do it first thing as I believe if you don't pickup the cart by I think 10 am they will give it to someone else even if you have a reservation. 

I truly think you are trying to do too much in one day.  The island is small and very laid back but one of our favorite ports.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

What sailing are you on?  We have a couple of cruises booked with Bonaire stops and our latest scheduled departure is 6 pm with others at 4 p.m, making for a short day. 

You are right. That was a typo/error. We are in port until 6pm. So, we will only be back on the ship at 5:30pm. 

56 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you are going to do Bonaire Cruisers I think you need to do it first thing as I believe if you don't pickup the cart by I think 10 am they will give it to someone else even if you have a reservation. 

I truly think you are trying to do too much in one day.  The island is small and very laid back but one of our favorite ports.

Yes, like I said, I am still deciding what to do, hence the questions I asked. If we keep the snorkel tour, then I will drop the golf cart rental and either do a car rental afterward or just taxi. I am currently leaning toward dropping the snorkel tour and just snorkeling on our own in a few spots, and renting a car instead of the golf cart to maximize our time. We'll then do the north and south loop and stop for the landsailing in between. 

Again, we are experienced travelers, although we have never been to Bonaire, and are absolutely comfortable with an entirely full day.