Currently on Venture

imcpa

Have cruised on Sojourn, Odyssey, Ovation and Encore.  Love Seabourn so much.  
Boarded after charter flight from Reykjavik.  This ship is beautiful and service is awesome as usual.  Food is good to great.  Love the suite and the public areas.  Feels roomy for an expedition ship.

We are on until Barbados.

More later unless I am too busy being pampered.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi impca:

Thanks for posting!  I know that you will be busy, but maybe a photo or two along the way as you have time?

I am curious about your charter flight.  Being very tall, coach seating just does not work for me.  I won't usually book with any airline unless I can select my seats, so the idea of a charter flight concerns me.  Thoughts?

We were on Venture from Aug 5th through the 30th, and loved it (have also done Quest, Odyssey, and Encore).  How did our Greenland/Iceland trip compare to Antarctica??  Comparable in every way.  Eight polar bears, including a relatively close encounter, 30+ muskox, some whales and mind boggling scenery.  Painted mountains like nothing I have ever seen.  The ship is excellent, food was always good, service great, expedition teams were top notch. 

I checked off everything on my "list" except narwhals.  One of our expedition team members said she had only seen 2 of them over 30 years.  Guess my sights were a little high on that one!  🙂

DT

• Like 1

IMPCA - thanks for posting. Would love to hear more about your trip so far and as you sail to Barbados. SO want to sail on an expedition sailing - but still working so the longer more involved sailings (in terms of flights) does not work (time wise) for me right now. Enjoy!

Bob from NY

7 hours ago, DTtravelers said:

Hi impca:

Thanks for posting!  I know that you will be busy, but maybe a photo or two along the way as you have time?

I am curious about your charter flight.  Being very tall, coach seating just does not work for me.  I won't usually book with any airline unless I can select my seats, so the idea of a charter flight concerns me.  Thoughts?

We were on Venture from Aug 5th through the 30th, and loved it (have also done Quest, Odyssey, and Encore).  How did our Greenland/Iceland trip compare to Antarctica??  Comparable in every way.  Eight polar bears, including a relatively close encounter, 30+ muskox, some whales and mind boggling scenery.  Painted mountains like nothing I have ever seen.  The ship is excellent, food was always good, service great, expedition teams were top notch. 

I checked off everything on my "list" except narwhals.  One of our expedition team members said she had only seen 2 of them over 30 years.  Guess my sights were a little high on that one!  🙂

DT

From Reyjkavik, we were on a large Airbus jet with way more seats than were needed. Suites got premium seats, but in the "back of the bus" where we were, people were generally seated on the two seats on each side with the four middle sears empty, so there was plenty of room to spread out. My husband moved across the aisle when the person in front of him chose to recline.

• Like 1

Charter flight was ok.  Food was disgusting but flight was only supposed to be 2 hours.  Ended up almost 3 hours due to holding pattern above Greenland due to low clouds delaying landing.  Trip is definitely worth the flight so far.

• Like 2

Have also cruised Antarctica on then Crystal Endeavor.  Way more wild life to see than this trip so far.  First stop in Canada is today then two more farther north.  Hope to see a polar bear but not expecting it.  Has been to cloudy every night to see northern lights so far too.

• Like 1

We were also on this flight.   I don’t remember anything disgusting in the boxed snack we were given.    Our flight did not leave until after lunch so we were not worried about food.   The drink cart came around twice and the white wine was nice.   Today’s excursion was the first rainy, sleety and very wet zodiac ride and hike through the town..   The folks at Pond Inlet put on a very nice show and seemed proud of their culture.   OP, love your cats!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We were also on this flight.   I don’t remember anything disgusting in the boxed snack we were given.    Our flight did not leave until after lunch so we were not worried about food.   The drink cart came around twice and the white wine was nice.   Today’s excursion was the first rainy, sleety and very wet zodiac ride and hike through the town..   The folks at Pond Inlet put on a very nice show and seemed proud of their culture.   OP, love your cats!

Maybe disgusting was too strong.  And your right, not like I was starving and wine was acceptable.

Thanks for the compliment on the cats.  They were both very special to us.

• Like 1

Nights ago was the first night we gained an hour.  I was disappointed our suite host did not adjust our suite wall clock during turn down service.  I did not try to adjust it even though I remember it being easy on the other ships.  The clock was correct the next morning.  Clearly our suite host snuck in while we were sleeping and adjusted it at the exact correct moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, imcpa said:

As new and beautiful as this ship is, can’t believe we are still using this “technology”.IMG_6739.thumb.jpeg.5c7581c7adc1ae67425fa7b85e70dd9a.jpegIMG_6738.thumb.jpeg.11555a892bceca8e1c95127baddcd377.jpeg

We alays try to make sure the edge of it is closed in the door. Saw one of  these on my way to thr Bow Lounge yesterday morning.