Our 2nd Carnival Venezia B2B - 14 more days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 8/31/24

Jamman54

Ahoy, Cruise Critic family! My wife Patti and I have just returned from B2B cruises aboard the beautiful Carnival Venezia, from our homeport of New York City. We have cruised from New York City over two dozen times during our cruising history, on three different lines, and it never gets old. These were both 7 day cruises. The first cruise was to Bermuda with two overnights, and the second was to Canada, with stops at Halifax NS, Sydney NS, and Saint John NB.

With these 14 days on the Venezia we have now sailed a total of 35 days on her, so we think we know this ship pretty well. In case you missed it, or would like to revisit it, here is the story of our first 21 days on her.

Since we are sailing from our homeport of New York City, there will be no pre and post cruise shenanigans. No road trips, airports, hotels, restaurants, theme parks, sight-seeing and the like. It will be just cruise related from start to finish. I know of at least one person who will be very happy with that! However, don’t fear. In March we will be doing a mega road trip that will include three cruises from two different cities, and several stops going to and coming from. We’ll give you more details at the end of this review.

We met quite a few Cruise Critic members during our two weeks aboard the Venezia. Most we knew about in advance, but then there were a couple of surprises. You’ll meet them all as the review progresses.

Patti’s foot has healed pretty well from her surgery, though she is not 100% pain free, and never will be. Nevertheless, Patti took over four thousand pictures during our 14 days aboard the Venezia. I brought along my laptop so that I could download her pictures daily, and crop and resize them as needed. But even so, I couldn’t keep up with the amount of pictures she was taking. As I am writing this, I have completed all of pictures of the first cruise, and the first half of the second cruise, more than enough to get this party started. I will continue to work on them daily until I am finished. For those that are wondering, our go to camera is the Canon PowerShot XS740 HS.

As usual, our reviews start and end at home and cover everything in between. Our format will remain the same as our past reviews with a day by day account. As always, there will be many, many pictures with plenty of explanations and details. Well, I think that’s all the pre review mumbo jumbo I have for now. Anything else will be covered in the review. So let’s get this party started. Grab yourself your favorite DOD and hop on board!!!

Day #1 – (August 31st)  -  It’s Embarkation Day!! 

We were up early to get ready for the day. I mean, who can sleep when there’s a cruise ship to catch. A peek at the webcams showed that the Carnival Venezia was at Pier 88 waiting for us. It’s going to be a cloudy day today, but at least it’s not supposed to rain. I’ve got the car loaded and ready to go…..

IMG_9014-XL.jpg

IMG_9015-XL.jpg

Ryan takes the obligatory departure picture…..

IMG_9017-XL.jpg

Ryan will be driving us to the Manhattan Cruise Center and dropping us off. With parking up to $45/day with no cap, it’s much better this way. Ryan has reported for duty. We left the house at 8:30am…..

IMG_9018-XL.jpg

IMG_9019-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Being that today is Saturday, Ryan makes good time and we have arrived at the Manhattan Cruise Center in just 45 minutes. That would NEVER happen on a weekday…..

IMG_9022-XL.jpg

We have arrived at Pier 88…..

IMG_9026-XL.jpg

Here are a couple of views of the Carnival Venezia at Pier 88…..

IMG_9023-XL.jpg

IMG_9027-XL.jpg

We hand over our luggage to the porters and Ryan departs. See you in two weeks son!

IMG_9024-XL.jpg

IMG_9025-XL.jpg

We head into the Manhattan Cruise Terminal……

IMG_9029-XL.jpg

IMG_9028-XL.jpg

The Priority Line was fairly long but moved quickly. We were through security and checked in within ten minutes. Before sitting down in the priority area we had our embarkation photo taken…..

IMG_9030-XL.jpg

At 10:45am they began boarding. After a wedding party, Diamonds and Suites were the first to board. We are about to step on board the Carnival Venezia again…..

IMG_9037-XL.jpg

IMG_9038-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 14

You board into the Piazza San Marco Atrium on Deck 3…..

IMG_9040-XL.jpg

IMG_9044-XL.jpg

You’ll find the Internet Hub here…….

IMG_9042-XL.jpg

IMG_9043-XL.jpg

Now that we are on board, here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_9031-XL.jpg

IMG_9032-XL.jpg

IMG_9033-XL.jpg

The first order of business is to get our first drinks of the cruise, which for Priority members is free. (You still pay the tax). Patti had a Malibu Bay Breeze, and I had a Cruiser. For the record, we decided against purchasing the Cheers program this time. With the program not starting until the second day, and with all the port days, we didn’t think we could make it worth it……

IMG_9046-XL.jpg

IMG_9045-XL.jpg

Right off the bat we had our first Cruise Critic member sighting. Here is BroadwayGirl, (Cristin & Hubby Brian)…..

IMG_9047-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

• Like 17

The next order of business was to get our muster drill out of the way. We had Muster Station A5, which was in the Teatro Rosso on Deck 5……

IMG_9049-XL.jpg

IMG_9056-XL.jpg

IMG_9055-XL.jpg

IMG_9050-XL.jpg

IMG_9053-XL.jpg

This crewmember demonstrated how to put on a life jacket. This took all of two minutes. Can’t understand why Carnival has to beg people to get this done…..

IMG_9052-XL.jpg

IMG_9058-XL.jpg

IMG_9060-XL.jpg

Afterwards, we head up to Deck 7 to drop off our carry-ons in our cabin. We then went up to Lido Deck 10 to grab some lunch. We decided to hit Guy’s Burgers. Patti had a Ringer with fries, and I had a couple of Straight Up's with fries. We took them over to the RoCoco Bar to eat and have some drinks. Here are the RoCoco menus…..

IMG_9061-XL.jpg

IMG_9062-XL.jpg

Plenty of frozen drink choices…..

IMG_9063-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 15

On the Lido Stage, Kris King is giving us those Caribbean vibes…..

IMG_9064-XL.jpg

IMG_9065-XL.jpg

Patti heads up to Deck 11 around the Lido Deck Pool. This is one of our favorite places on this ship. Here are a couple of views…..

IMG_9073-XL.jpg

IMG_9072-XL.jpg

There is plenty of comfy seating up here…..

IMG_9077-XL.jpg

IMG_9074-XL.jpg

IMG_9066-XL.jpg

IMG_9067-XL.jpg

There is a section that has Chinese checkers, foosball, and table tennis. There is also a bocce ball court which Patti will show you later…..

IMG_9069-XL.jpg

IMG_9070-XL.jpg

IMG_9071-XL.jpg

The “Library” is also up here…..

IMG_9075-XL.jpg

IMG_9076-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, sunny-leah said:

Thank you and Patti for all the reviews!!
I have read them for many years and always look forward to them. 
I don’t post very often, but really appreciate all the effort you and Patti put into these excellent reviews.

Thank You!!
Linda

10 minutes ago, HolySpearit said:

Woohoooo along for the journey and on page 1! Can’t wait to read! 

8 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

I’m along for the ride!  Thanks in advance to you and Patti for your review and what I am sure will be amazing pics.

Glad to have you all along for the ride. Enjoy!! :classic_smile:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

Yeah!  Found this early!  Ready to travel along.

14 minutes ago, TNVolnteerCruiser said:

What??? I made it by page one.  Excited to travel along.  Thanks for the invite!

9 minutes ago, meskel503 said:

Looking forward to this review, I have enjoyed reading all of them.

Thanks for jumping on board. Enjoy the ride!! :classic_smile:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ramref said:

Hey Jeff,

i”ll be along for the ride.

While you were getting on in Manhattan, we were in Brooklyn getting on the Enchanted Princess.

looking forward to your review and Patti’s photos.

Hey Rich! How's that for timing. Were Janice and Charley with you? Patti got a couple of pictures of the Enchanted Princess sailing under the VNB. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Just now, Jamman54 said:

Hey Rich! How's that for timing. Were Janice and Charley with you? Patti got a couple of pictures of the Enchanted Princess sailing under the VNB. :classic_smile:

It was only Kathy and I. It was something Kathy found about 2 months ago.

It ended up being less expensive with the packages offered by Princess.

• Like 1

I made it to the PAR TAY. LOL. Well Jeff, I finally book the Venezia next year 5 day Bermuda. It's going to feel strange not having Priority boarding for this cruise. Hence I'm Elite on Princess and Gold on Carnival. And, Princess you can use the Drink Package on day 1 in Brooklyn. Go figure. 

Edited by Princess Cruiser27
  • Like 1