Do I have to give my credit card details.

16 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ah, but where does a serious guitarist fit? We had a couple of great guitarists on the world cruise - when they stuck to guitar solos. Unfortunately they tended to also feature American pop and country. But one night one of them played Telstar! Awesome!

I have seen a couple of seriously good talented young guitar solos on Princess over the years. You kind of think wow, what are you doing here. Then there is a sad realisation that they are unlikely to progress to anything better on their chosen path. There are also lots of "glib" piano solos that suit that US lounge style, that are no doubt good, but not for us.

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I have seen a couple of seriously good talented young guitar solos on Princess over the years. You kind of think wow, what are you doing here. Then there is a sad realisation that they are unlikely to progress to anything better on their chosen path. There are also lots of "glib" piano solos that suit that US lounge style, that are no doubt good, but not for us.

Possibly the most interesting of lounge/bar entertainers we've ever seen on a cruise was a Ukrainian duo on Coral Princess in 2022. One played piano, the other guitar and something like a melodium. They were excellent musicians and the range of music they played was refreshingly different to most of the American onboard entertainers. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2024 at 7:46 AM, arxcards said:

I think they prefer a fiddler or banjo on Carnival, and the cello and violin are best left on Cunard.

As a fiddle/banjo girl, I'm becoming increasingly concerned about my booked cruise on the Queen Anne next August.  Ugh!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

As a fiddle/banjo girl, I'm becoming increasingly concerned about my booked cruise on the Queen Anne next August.  Ugh!

Don't panic, it's not all strings and violins. They had some seriously good jazz on QE in January. Since it was a short cruise we didn't get to suss out all the entertainment spots on the ship but I got the impression it was similar to Princess with plenty of variety each night.

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Don't panic, it's not all strings and violins. They had some seriously good jazz on QE in January. Since it was a short cruise we didn't get to suss out all the entertainment spots on the ship but I got the impression it was similar to Princess with plenty of variety each night.

Well that's a relief, I'm a bit of a fan of jazz, don't mind a little blues either but my way out favourite genre would have to be bluegrass. There's not a song in the world that wouldn't sound better bluegrass.