line-ups at the terminal

spearmint

I know that there are three lines to access the ship... green, blue and grey.  I and companions are due to enter the blue line.... in order to pick up our medallions and, I also to have my photo taken.  Of our group of nine, three of us men have walking difficulties, varying in intensity.  From what I can gather from the Princess site, the grey line seems to be for accessible needs, and I gather that all that means is one can start earlier than the other lines to actually go to the gangways.  Am I correct? 

Bill

49 minutes ago, spearmint said:

I know that there are three lines to access the ship... green, blue and grey.  I and companions are due to enter the blue line.... in order to pick up our medallions and, I also to have my photo taken.  Of our group of nine, three of us men have walking difficulties, varying in intensity.  From what I can gather from the Princess site, the grey line seems to be for accessible needs, and I gather that all that means is one can start earlier than the other lines to actually go to the gangways.  Am I correct? 

Bill

I was on the Enchanted this August, traveling with a friend who has mobility issues. Arriving at the Brooklyn terminal, we were directed to a different security line and then into a separate area for folks with various mobility issues. (and their traveling companions)  We were then allowed to board just ahead of the rest of the passengers. You didn’t say where you were embarking from, but I can’t imagine the process would be much different, regardless of which terminal you’re using. 

Going from Fort  Lauderdale and I expect you are correct.  Sounds like I understood it correctly from the website.  I makes sense, really, as slower moving people just hold everyone else up if everyone boards at once.   Thanks, everyone.

23 hours ago, spearmint said:

Bill

One big thing that it means, is the amount of standing in line should be greatly reduced.  Enjoy! 

Last time we was in Ft Lauderdale, DW uses a scooter, Order was Suites, Elites, Platinum, and those needing assistance, then  general boarding.