Veterans meeting.

Bpos

I've been to a couple of these. After the last one on the Jade, I won't be attending any others. Very short, a brief perfunctory introduction of a couple minor ship's officers. That was it. Not even a "How many Army do we have?", etc. No social gathering afterward. It lasted all of 10-15 minutes, after which everyone dispersed. 

As always, YMMV depending on the ship.

The last one that we attended on the Jewel in May was pretty good. Not so much for the interaction with the officers, although there was some, but there was a lot of interaction with the other guests. Some came up and told stories, while others gave more information on VA benefits etc. I think a lot depends on the group that shows up for it. They are better than they used to be. Before they would put a blurb in the daily, but it was not organized at all. Like Schmoopie17 said though, YMMV. and I agree with graphicguy that the discount is nice. 🙂

Have been to 3. Last year on the Getaway nice. Drinks and a variety of snacks were circulated often. A few announcements and then people were asked to mingle among themselves. A photographer came to each table and took a pic. It was left in our cabin a day or so later.

This year in May on the Encore it was disappointing. Drinks were only served to a few front facing tables. No announcements other than to announce come up to take a big group photo. This was also left in our cabin. 

Last month on the Jade it was exceptional. Drinks and snacks flowed freely. Officers were all announced and came on stage. There was a singer that sang a song. They announced if anyone wanted to introduce themselves and tell a bit about themselves. They had someone with a mic make their way to their table. It was very interesting to hear these heroes speak. This time your pic was taken as you entered the venue. After not receiving the photo in our room we realized they never asked for our cabin number. We went to the photo spot to ask and he pulled out a big stack of photos to go thru until he found ours. I'm guessing people didn't know you got a photo or to pick it up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Have been to 3. Last year on the Getaway nice. Drinks and a variety of snacks were circulated often. A few announcements and then people were asked to mingle among themselves. A photographer came to each table and took a pic. It was left in our cabin a day or so later.

This year in May on the Encore it was disappointing. Drinks were only served to a few front facing tables. No announcements other than to announce come up to take a big group photo. This was also left in our cabin. 

Last month on the Jade it was exceptional. Drinks and snacks flowed freely. Officers were all announced and came on stage. There was a singer that sang a song. They announced if anyone wanted to introduce themselves and tell a bit about themselves. They had someone with a mic make their way to their table. It was very interesting to hear these heroes speak. This time your pic was taken as you entered the venue. After not receiving the photo in our room we realized they never asked for our cabin number. We went to the photo spot to ask and he pulled out a big stack of photos to go thru until he found ours. I'm guessing people didn't know you got a photo or to pick it up.

Thank you for posting your experiences at the different gatherings. It does seem as each ship will handle these events differently.

I am Canadian military veteran and have been to many of these events (5) I have always been welcome by other veterans. I started to go to the veterans get together after it first came out. I had my photo with hotel director or the captain.I wrote NCL to get Canadian veteran recognized for the 10% off, yes it came out last month. Thanks to Harry Sommers. To all other veterans make sure you go it’s great to meet others veterans and military members.

• Like 2