On the Encore in the Med - through Oct 20

shark b8

6 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Hmmmm, those posts were both videos.  I’ve been using a compression app, but I’ve used the same one for years here, so if some vids are viewable but some aren’t…….I’m stumped.

I got the same messages for those 2 videos.

4 hours ago, shark b8 said:

So.  Venice.  Hoo boy.  

IMG_1355.thumb.jpeg.7575a079ed2d472d2668d0664f493d73.jpeg

IMG_4533.thumb.jpeg.6e7475ef992e35fb421777e3cb9f52d6.jpeg

I love Venice but only as an embark, disembark port for this reason. Venice is magical before and after the day trippers. In the middle of the day we go to still interesting but less well known areas or after a good lunch we have a siesta.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

I love Venice but only as an embark, disembark port for this reason. Venice is magical before and after the day trippers. In the middle of the day we go to still interesting but less well known areas or after a good lunch we have a siesta.

We love to spend 3-4 days in Venice.  It’s  fantastic in the evenings.  The crowds are gone and you can see the spender of the city.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Nice in January 😀

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments, last night right after I posted the Venice pix, the whole Seabourn board went down.  Gave up and went to bed.  So I’ll try to get caught up later this afternoon, did manage to get some decent shots in Venice, but it ain't easy.  

IMG_1356.thumb.jpeg.b5b63e2ab73a27c6e78f9547457100c0.jpeg

• Like 1

I think it is the whole of CC that has been going down everywhere.  If you have an email address for them (which I certainly haven't) they apparently send out a reply just saying having problems at present.

5 hours ago, PrincessTraveller said:

My advice in Venice is always to get lost on the back canals away from the touristy areas.  That, and at night, is where the magic of Venice begins.  So different, and so fantastic to discover its elegance and true beauty.  

The same holds true for pretty much every city and most towns:  so much nicer when the day trippers and cruisers go away and the locals reclaim their hometown.

That's why to me non-expedition cruising is a lifestyle and not a means to explore and discover, which I do on land trips with lengthier stays at each place.

Edited by sfvoyage

Agree with all replies - whatever one can do to avoid the crowd-insanity, do it.  That said, it *is* a wonderful, wonderful place.  

(Well, I tried to upload some photos to this post, but each time I try  I get this message: “Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file”.   CC seems to be a mess right now)

Several years ago, I came across this internet pic of Kotor, Montenegro.  Really looked wonderful and I sorta mentally bookmarked it.  Well, we finally made it.  

IMG_0029.jpeg.3152717bc54490591d355743701279c7.jpeg

• Like 6

At the Adelaide stop of last year’s World Cruise, I told the good folks at Seppeltsfield Winery that I had appointed myself (Un)Official Seppeltsfield Ambassador for the State of Hawaii.  And as it happens, a bottle of their 20 year old tawny may or may not have been smuggled aboard for this trip.

IMG_1399.thumb.jpeg.e9cc2f0e72a22f41c478811184c08af3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1