Marina: October ‘24

Vallesan

So we’ve just boarded Marina in Barcelona and my first observation is the ‘wine by the glass’ list has been shortened. Our favourite Albariño is now only by the bottle, but there is 15% of if you have a package! There are some wines that look OK but certainly not the choice that there was.

The aft lift, as expected, is still out of order. Otherwise, so far, everything seems the same.

There seem to be quite a few ‘new to Oceania’ cruisers onboard and from what I’ve seen so far, those that we’ve identified, seem really pleased with the product.

Weather here is looking grim and all the small boats etc are making for a safe haven in the port. The last time I saw that was in Hong Kong when there was a typhoon warning. Could be in for a rough night!

Edited by Vallesan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ak1004 said:

We will board Marina in Barcelona next month.

How does the ship look after renovation? How is the food and the service?

As you may know only the PH suites were upgraded together with the public areas. I think the soft furnishings in the other cabins have been renewed. Our cabin is fine for a ship 13 years of age. 

Food: bit early to comment as we have only had one lunch, dinner and breakfast. Red Ginger last night was very nice. Breakfast in the GDR was good but then you can’t go wrong with yogurt berries and walnuts! Although they seem to have shortened the dining time to 9am and there were no pastries! Not sure if that was a one off or if they have discontinued the pastries.

Service: as usual very good in general, excellent in Red Ginger slowish as usual at breakfast in GDR but elsewhere seems normal to me.

Is this your first Oceania cruise?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vallesan said:

As you may know only the PH suites were upgraded together with the public areas. I think the soft furnishings in the other cabins have been renewed. Our cabin is fine for a ship 13 years of age. 

Food: bit early to comment as we have only had one lunch, dinner and breakfast. Red Ginger last night was very nice. Breakfast in the GDR was good but then you can’t go wrong with yogurt berries and walnuts! Although they seem to have shortened the dining time to 9am and there were no pastries! Not sure if that was a one off or if they have discontinued the pastries.

Service: as usual very good in general, excellent in Red Ginger slowish as usual at breakfast in GDR but elsewhere seems normal to me.

Is this your first Oceania cruise?

Good to know, thank you!

It will be our 5th O cruise, with two more booked in 2025. You can see all our sailing history in my signature. Our last O cruise was last May, with two SS and one SB in between, so it will be interesting to see how they compare.