HELP! MCO to Port Canaveral Hotel night before

5under5

We booked a "last minute" cruise in December for our anniversary. Just the two of us....we have 9 kids so we don't get to go anywhere alone all that often. We live in SW VA so we always drive to the ports, but decided to fly this time. Hubby booked a hotel for the night before when he booked the cruise - Home2Suites right across from the port. But we did not realize that we should have either (a) booked an airport to hotel transfer - i.e. goport - together, or (b) planned to stay in Orlando near the airport the night before since our flight doesn't arrive until 830pm. It seems like most of the shuttles don't run that late. What are our options?

Thanks!

I'm cruising in November out of Port Canaveral. My daughter and I are arriving early enough we could drive from MCO, but my niece is joining us and her flight arrives much later. We decided to get a room near the airport with a free airport shuttle. The two of us will rent a car for the day so that we have the option of going where we want during the day and then driving to the port in the morning. Probably a bit more than the shuttle, but gives us the freedom to do what we want.

1 hour ago, vswan said:

I'm cruising in November out of Port Canaveral. My daughter and I are arriving early enough we could drive from MCO, but my niece is joining us and her flight arrives much later. We decided to get a room near the airport with a free airport shuttle. The two of us will rent a car for the day so that we have the option of going where we want during the day and then driving to the port in the morning. Probably a bit more than the shuttle, but gives us the freedom to do what we want.

If you're a Costco member check their rates. We used Budget and after returning the car to their Port Canaveral location used their comp shuttle to the port.

Not a Costco member. More than 60 miles to the closest location. I booked Hertz which also has a shuttle. Price was lowest at the sight I checked.

Back to the original question. We booked the Residence Inn by Marriot Airport. It had a two room suite for three people at a reasonable price and an airport shuttle.