Princess cancelled my paid for excursion and never told me.

MudderBear

Just got off the phone with Princess.  I had a paid for excursion to Hubbards Glacier for next year.  I bought them back when the price was lower.  I went ito my travel summary and couldn't find it.  In fact the excursion is now sold out (and the price is $50 higher).

Princess said they 'cancelled' my excursion on August 5th this year.  Excuse me?  Why the heck would they cancel it and not inform me.  Better yet, why did they cancel it and not issue me a refund.

So now they said that a credit ($599) would be issued to my credit card.  I mean, is this ridiculous or not?  What's the sense of booking excursions in advance if you run the risk of them screwing with it.

Very disappointed.  Hoping that the credit comes through....

Edited by MudderBear

• MudderBear changed the title to Princess cancelled my paid for excursion and never told me.

Never mind.  I went back through all my paperwork and I was the one who cancelled it.  I checked my credit card statements and they did issue me a credit.  It makes you wonder, though, why they come back with the answers that they give.  Now if I get a second credit, then I'm going to have to figure out how to get that back to them.  Ugh.

Edited by MudderBear
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Never mind.  I went back through all my paperwork and I was the one who cancelled it.  I checked my credit card statements and they did issue me a credit.  It makes you wonder, though, why they come back with the answers that they give.  Now if I get a second credit, then I'm going to have to figure out how to get that back to them.  Ugh.

Whenever I make a change to my booking (adding an excursion, EZAir, transfer or Spa reservation) I save a PDF of my updated Travel Summary and put the old one in a "superseded" file on my phone.  It just helps me track all of the changes.

Glad it worked out for you.

• Like 3

I've had excursions cancelled without any notice. You're not wrong to believe this could happen.

It was an overnight in Alta, Norway where you could stay in a glammed-up Sami style hut and see the Northern Lights through a transparent roof. It was pretty pricey too but was kind of a bucket list thing.

Anyway one day while reviewing the cruise I noticed it didn't appear in the personalizer. I then saw it was no longer offered as well. Finally I tracked down that the Princess gift cards I had used were reloaded with the funds.

And never a word from Princess!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MudderBear said:

... Now if I get a second credit, then I'm going to have to figure out how to get that back to them.  Ugh.

Don't you worry a hair on your head about that! Princess can be dreadful about returning your money (they usually aren't but the can be, I know from personal experience) but if you owe them, well, they'll be all over you like flies on honey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

I've had excursions cancelled without any notice. You're not wrong to believe this could happen

Same. Never a word. Thankfully, it wasn't nearly as exotic as yours but I was looking forward to this particular tour. Don't usually take a ship's tour but this just would have been easier than doing that one on our own..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Don't you worry a hair on your head about that! Princess can be dreadful about returning your money (they usually aren't but the can be, I know from personal experience) but if you owe them, well, they'll be all over you like flies on honey.

They are not the only ones who like to hold onto money. Bethel Woods (the former site of the original Woodstock concert) cancelled a concert we had tickets for earlier this month. They said get the refund from where you purchased tickets or the box office if that is where you purchased the tickets. DW went back to the box office, and they said you have to wait 30 days. I think the next time I purchase tickets, I will hand over my credit card and say please wait 30 days before processing. I think I know what they will say.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2024 at 10:30 AM, skiladyldp said:

Princess canceled an Alaskan excursion in Skagway without telling me and refunded my credit card. They added a new port for Haines, Alaska, and don't offer any excursions. I've been monitoring to book new excursions in Haines for months. 

Me too!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1