SUN - Oct 14th Part One - Details Details! New Sanctuary experience, ship, boarding, food, shows…

Wishing on a star

On 10/21/2024 at 2:41 PM, Wishing on a star said:

WATER WATER EVERYWHERE,  BUT NONE TO DRINK

In our post-cruise survey we mentioned many, many times that it is absolutely unimaginable that in 2024 Princess is launching ships without bottle filling stations...everywhere.  My office has two within a 50 yard walk of my office.  The number of plastic water bottles that we saw on our cruise made us literally cry.  Stop giving out plastic bottles!  Every cruise fare should include a reusable, branded cup/glass that guests can use at water filling stations placed all around the ship.  Endless supply of water and no more plastic bottles.  If Princess wants to talk the talk about environmentally sound practices, it is time to walk the walk.  

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

In our post-cruise survey we mentioned many, many times that it is absolutely unimaginable that in 2024 Princess is launching ships without bottle filling stations...everywhere.  My office has two within a 50 yard walk of my office.  The number of plastic water bottles that we saw on our cruise made us literally cry.  Stop giving out plastic bottles!  Every cruise fare should include a reusable, branded cup/glass that guests can use at water filling stations placed all around the ship.  Endless supply of water and no more plastic bottles.  If Princess wants to talk the talk about environmentally sound practices, it is time to walk the walk.  

While your cause is noble many many folks will not drink the treated ship water, so they would opt for bottles anyway.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oteixeira said:

While your cause is noble many many folks will not drink the treated ship water, so they would opt for bottles anyway.  

They are allowed to bring on whatever water they think is "safer" than what the ship provides as long as it meets the container criteria.  Princess has no obligation to contribute to the world's plastic crisis just to mollify people who are irrationally paranoid about the quality of water that would come out of botte filler.    

• Like 1

@Wishing on a star, Thank you for the review of your trip. I booked a Sanctuary Balcony on the Sun for next May in the Mediterranean.

As far as the Sanctuary Club up on 18, what was the busiest that you saw it? Did you ever have any problems finding a chair or lounger when you wanted one? Or a place in the hot tub? One of the reasons I opted to upgrade to a Sanctuary Class balcony was to avoid the crowds on the Lido deck and deal with the chair hogs. 

Sorry Indy, I am just now seeing this!

Dog just posted photos of his Sanctuary Balcony.

I would never say that the Sanctuary was 'packed'.

Yes, it was busy.  This is a different experience than the very controlled Sanctuary on the other ships.

One could ALWAYS find a lounger.  

One could ALWAYS enjoy the hot-tub.   (and, it WAS hot!)

But, the key is shade.   tons of loungers sat empty, as they were in total un-mitigated sun.

If you want shade, you might look at my recommendations for getting there early.

We LOVED the Sanctuary!    Shade was the one drawback.

Enjoy!

We are boarding the Sun in mid November. Can you tell me if there is Pickleball on Deck 19 since they removed Park 19?  The verbiage regarding the Star states there will be Pickleball.

Dont want to bother bringing our paddles if there isn’t a place for Pickleball on the Sun.

Happy Sailing! 🛳️🪝🛟