Formal Nights 6-Day Carribean Cruise

56 minutes ago, jsf said:

There are no longer "Formal Nights" on RCCL ships.

My experience is the same as Ken. Over the past year I have been on several RCI ships where the app stated “Tonight’s Attire: Formal.”  It’s definitely not true to say RCI no longer has formal nights. From my experience (I have been on 22 cruises this year) fewer and fewer people are getting dressed up on formal nights. 

18 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

My experience is the same as Ken. Over the past year I have been on several RCI ships where the app stated “Tonight’s Attire: Formal.”  It’s definitely not true to say RCI no longer has formal nights. From my experience (I have been on 22 cruises this year) fewer and fewer people are getting dressed up on formal nights. 

In our experienced formal nights were never strictly enforced, as they didn't need to be. I think the difference is in days past these recommended attire evenings were more understood to be expected as formal and most guests participated in looking their best as part of the cruise experience.  It was out of place to be less than in a suit and tie and formal dress.

While still listed on some ships as suggested "formal", the expectations have changed and although there are some who still dress their best, most just dress in nice attire and but to be more comfortable, with little or no enforcement otherwise.  The attitude is clearly different and it seems to be the minority who dress their best now.  It is more a personal choice than in the past. JMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind