Voyager dirty?

Someone just told me they were on the Voyager in February and the ship was filthy! Anyone here notice?

T

We were on the Voyager in September and it was in great shape. Very clean. Unless GMoney completely wrecked it in February:D , I'm sure it is still in outstanding condition. :)

I must say, I have never (in 4 cruises) been on anything - regardless of the cruiseline - remotely similar to not clean. Don't forget, these ships are floating resorts. 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. The wonderful crew spends most of their time cleaning and maintaining the ship - with pride!:)

I agree with the other posters - I was on Voyager in December & Navigator in March & both were exceptionally clean. Like GMoney asked get some specifics from the person who told you this. I find "filthy" hard to believe.

We were on the Voyager in March and didn't think it was dirty at all. We saw people cleaning all the time inside and outside and I remember that everytime we were in the Windjammer someone was always sweeping around the buffet.

Thank you all for the information. It seems that I ran into one crank pot that loves to see the negative. She said the lounge chairs by the pool were dirty and there was broken glass that was not cleaned up all week on one of the decks. Also she said there was garbage left incorners for the week by the inline skating ...

I won't notice anyway...I'll looking up at the sun!:D

Teresa

My wife and I just returned from a week on the Voyager. I agree with many of the other posts. We found the ship very clean from the begininng of the week to the end. On a rare occasion the only thing you might find on the ground would be a cup, napkins, etc. left by guests not polite enough to put them in a garbage.

We were on her in mid Feb, and I didn't see anything dirty. I did talk with one couple who felt their cabin was dirty and sofa stained but, after talking to the room steward, they steam cleaned the sofa and carpeting. I've no idea if the woman was just really picky or what. I felt the ship was well maintained and clean.

I was on the "Voyager" last Sept. and our cabin was very disappointing. We sailed this Ship in Her Innaugral Season and She was "Spectacular". What a let down. There was a big cigarette hole in the loveseat, cigarette hole in several places on the carpet, room itself reaked of smoke, broken piece of glass out of bathroom mirror and the coverlet on bed was worn. My hubby and I complained as He had a heart attack recently and is very allergic to smoke and We were offered another cabin. We took a look at other cabin and that was worse than the one We were in. So We stayed where We were and had the room steward change the bedding and use room deodorant everyday. He was an excellent room steward and agreed with us but there was nothing He could do. People again were responsible for the condition of the cabin. Why some people trash cabins or hotel rooms is beyond me. The room was clean but run down. The rest of the Ship in the public areas were in good shape.

The lounge chairs are high-pressure cleaned every morning...can't imagine how they could be "filthy" unless some pig had just preceded the complainer there...

One thing I have found remarkable about RCI, the staff is constantly cleaning, scrubbing, painting...a bee hive of maintenance activity...and as one poster mentioned, if a problem is reported to the steward or maintenance, it is addressed promptly. JMHO

LL

Archived