Cabin choices and upgrades

HMSDingy

We're booked on the Crown for the October 9th sailing out of New York and we got upgraded from the Plaza to to Aloha deck:D. I should add that this is our second cruise with Princess and that the cabin is an inside one. Not meaning to sound cheap, but the money we save on an inside cabin we can use on other stuff. It seems that very few posters on this board take inside cabins. I've noticed that most take balconies. Makes the rest of us feel ordinary. But the truth is that Americans pay much less for a cruise than Canadians and guess where we're from:o

I have booked everything from insides to suites and will probably book insides and suites (and anything inbetween) in the future.

Some cruises I budget fully for and want a larger cabin with a balcony, other cruises I don't think I will spend much time on the balcony and will go with an inside.

Don't worry about the cabin you are in - the most important thing is to get on the ship :)

We're booked on the Crown for the October 9th sailing out of New York and we got upgraded from the Plaza to to Aloha deck:D. I should add that this is our second cruise with Princess and that the cabin is an inside one. Not meaning to sound cheap, but the money we save on an inside cabin we can use on other stuff. It seems that very few posters on this board take inside cabins. I've noticed that most take balconies. Makes the rest of us feel ordinary. But the truth is that Americans pay much less for a cruise than Canadians and guess where we're from:o

We usually go for the insides too (probably about 1/2 the time). We would rather cruise more often and to more exotic places. We have done balconies and outside, but are just as happy inside. Like I say, inside gets to port the same time and we eat the same food and see the same show as a suite. :D

we book balconies, or mini suites. we cruise once or twice a year; always one week cruises. it is so difficult scheduling for a cruise (work for my wife and i, and school for kids) and with the time and cost of traveling to the embarkation city (we live in michigan), the cost difference between the lower and higher categories is minor in the overall cost analysis. the port fees are the same regardless of the cabin category. furthermore, i have always disagreed with the notion that "your never in your cabin on a cruise anyway". a day on a cruise is eventful, and sometimes physically exhausting. it is nice to have a comfortable cabin with a view to come back to in the late afternoon or early evening, and unwind. our favorite part of the day on a cruise is to wake up in the morning and walk out on our balcony looking out at the beautiful port. its exiting! it is romantic to stand on the balcony at night, with my bride of 13 years, listening to the ocean, and starring at stars. isn't that what cruising is all about? oh no-----i got a little carried away there---- we all know its all about the food.

Brovol -

Bravo!! Great job..

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I would take an inside cabin to save on cost and put the money elsewhere.

But I too like getting up and seeing (sunrise) light in my cabin, as well as, unwinding from the full-days activities before dinner and At night the sky is amazing with so many constellations of stars twinkling over the moonshine ocean. Peaceful!

I do pay extra for this and try to cut costs in other areas.

It is my DH and I once a year vacation, we deserve to be pampered at least for one week.

HMSDingy

Makes the rest of us feel ordinary. But the truth is that Americans pay much less for a cruise than Canadians

I don't understand why Canadians pay more for the exact same cabin... That is not fair.... And as for

Makes the rest of us feel ordinary.
There are alot more inside cabiners than you think. So don't feel you're just ordinary.

Maybe us balcony takers are ordinary as well for not being in a 'mini-suite'.

~ Chris ~

For us, we just won't do another cruise unless it's a balcony. Did an ov in Jan. to save money...wasn't worth it. Rather spend the extra for the balcony than other "stuff". This is what makes a cruise for us...well, one of many.

But everyones different. Sep. we're taking our first Princess cruise! Yes, we booked our balcony again. Can't wait!

We spend time in our cabins a lot. I agree with Brovol 100%...love to wake in the am watching us go into port....in the daytime to get away from it all...in the evening before retiring...

Many uses for those balconies! ;)

We have been on 3 cruises so far, first oceanview, last two were inside cabins - we had a wonderful time on all three. We are getting ready to cruise again next week - and this time splurged and got a balcony on the Grand. It seems we are more excited about our cruise this time - mainly because of the balcony - I think its going to be wonderful watching sunrise/sunsets, reading my book, having our champagne balcony breakfast - the list is endlist. However, if it were a choice of an inside cabin - or no cruise - then the inside cabin is where we would be.

Happy Cruising!

Archived