Who else is looking forward to the Med in 2007?

We're about to book a Med Cruise on Sea Dream Yachts for Sept 2007.

The Itinerary is Istanbul, Kusedasi, Santorini, Sifnos, Paros, Athens, Itea, Taormina Sicily, Amalfi, Capri and Rome.

Its a bit pricey, but all is included and we've never been to southern Italy.

I'm looking for all and any review I can find. Anybody out there who's written one?, or knows of one, where can I find it?

My decision for this cruise was based on Istanbul, Kusedasi, Amalfi and Capri. We are going to do the pre cruise in Istanbul.

ama22,

You can see reviews with pictures at our website www.thepreismans.com . We have our 2003 Medierranean cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas as well as a land tour we took in 2000. Next year we are doing another Med Cruise that will cover some of the ports you are going to that we haven't been to yet. Enjoy!

Mike.

I have looked at your page in the past and just wanted to tell you how enjoyable it is. It really helped us settle on Brilliance for our Venice cruise in September 2007. Thanks for all the trouble it must have been to assemble!

Lee

Thanks Lee. It isn't any trouble to do at all. It is a labor of love that Carol and I really enjoy doing. Besides if we didn't do these reviews, we would forget too many of the things that made these trips so much fun. And when I retire in a few years it will give me something to do to keep me out of trouble. :D

Just booked Voyager of the Seas out of Barcelona for September 22nd. This will end up being my third Med. cruise. This is a mother-daughter cruise and my good friend and her mother are going with us. We can't wait to show our moms Europe. It will be their first.

Anyone on our sailing... look for our ROLL CALL....

• 3 weeks later...
DH and I took our first cruise to the Mediterranean on Brilliance of the Seas in June 2005. We did the Greek Isles itinerary, although we spent several days trying to decide between that and the Venice itinerary. We already have our cruise planned for this year, so we are looking forward to returning to the Med in June 2007, this time to visit Venice. The next big decision is whether to sail Celebrity's Millennium or Royal Caribbean (preferrably Brilliance again). That will be followed by decisions on what to do in the ports we visited last time and how many extra days we might be able to spend on each end of the trip.

Are you anxiously awaiting the release of the Med schedules for 2007? If so, which itinerary are you most interested in and which ports do you most want to visit? Which cruiseline have you chosen or are you on the fence like we are? If you are returning to the Med, are there any places you want to revisit or do you want to see new places only?

Maybe we can get our fix here while we await our opportunities to book a cruise!!

Am trying to see the Greek Islands. A possibility is Oceana which does a cruise which goes to Dubrovnik,Albania, and Monte Negro. Another possibility is A Norwegian Jewel Cruise which does go to Egypt, the Greek Islands and Istanbul which we have seen but that is fine. Oceania has less days and is more money. The tendering from Jewel is done in their life boats. That sounds dangerous and crazy. Would love to get some input here.

We just booked on the Legend of The Seas June 24 sailing. This will be our second Med cruise, the first one was so incredible that we cant wait to go back. We fell madly in love with Italy so we like this itinerary because we are going mainly there. (Portofino,Naples,Messina with overnights in Livorno and Venice)This is the experience of a lifetime and I cant wait to fell that way again.

We just booked on the Legend of The Seas June 24 sailing. This will be our second Med cruise, the first one was so incredible that we cant wait to go back. We fell madly in love with Italy so we like this itinerary because we are going mainly there. (Portofino,Naples,Messina with overnights in Livorno and Venice)This is the experience of a lifetime and I cant wait to fell that way again.

Thank you so much. We have been to Venice and Naples but not to the other ports. Make sure you go around the Plaza near St. Marks at Night. There are dueling orchestras in front of each restaurant and it is incredible.

We have booked Oceania April 27th Athens to Venice and this may be the itinerary you are considering.

We are not experienced cruisers having only been on one other cruise - The Galaxy in 1998 - but we do travel quite a bit and have been to Europe a few times.

We chose this trip for the ports first and then for the cruise line. We are looking forward a lot to trying the smaller ship experience.

All of these ports are new to us and< except for Athens and Venice are a bit off the beaten track. This is probably the only time we'll be in Kotor, Sarande and Agios Nicklaus!

If you decide to book this cruise, do check out our small"roll call" .

We recently booked a 12 day Med cruise on what will be the brand new Carnvial Freedom leaving from Rome on October 16, 2007! We have a looonnnggg wait but reading the boards helps me get through! We only have 2 people including myself on our roll call right now, but hopefully more people will join us soon!!!:D

It Looks like my sister and I will be booking a 12 night cruise on Royal Carribean's Brilliance of the Seas ship. It leaves from Barcelona and stops in Nice, Florence , 3 cities/islands in Greece including Athens ,Ephesus Turkey, Naples Italy and back to Barcelona.. IT will be my first trip to Europe

We've recently booked Sea Dream II for Sept 2007, which is similar to Oceania in price and size. Just 110 passengers. The cruise starts in Istanbul (where we will be going a 3 night pre cruise), Canakkale (Troy), Kusadesi, Santorini, Paros, Sifnos, Athens, Itea (Delphi), Taormina, Amalfi and Capri. The only problem is that I'm doing all kinds of research now and we don't sail for another 14 months. I'm counting the days and praying nothing happens that we would not be able to go.

Mary Lou

• 7 months later...

We are two couples booked on NCL Jewel for E. Med, Athens to Istanbul on Sept 26, the itineray is terrific, our second time to E. Med but this one includes Alexandria so we are taking the extra mini cruise down the Nile.

Anyone else on this booking?

BTW there was a $150 OBC for booking before Feb. 28 and a free upgrade.

We got the balcony on deck 11. Our first time on NCL:confused:

We are going on the Med cruise on the Legend of the Seas. Rome to Rome, Will see Athens, Rhodes, Mykonos, Cyprus, Ephesus, Naples and Egypt. A friend that I have known a long time is going with me. The main reason we chose this itinerary because we wanted to stop at Egypt. She has been to alot of the places we are going but I have only been to Rome. We are going to be adventureus and take the train from Rome to the ship then from port to our hotel in Rome we will be staying one day pre-cruise and one day post-cruise.

Even though I check this board daily, I just found this thread. It is great to hear where everyone is thinking about or cruising to the Med. We are going on Sea Dream II, Sept, 07. It's about double the cost of other main line cruise lines, but just our cup of tea with a wonderful itinerary. No formal nights, just 100 passengers leaving from Istanbul and stopping in Kanakale, Ephesus, Santorini, Sifnos, Pathos, Athens (overnight), Itea (Delphi), Keffalonia, Taormina (Sicily), Amalfi (overnight) and ending in Rome. We are doing a pre cruise 3 day in Istanbul and overnighting in Rome before flying home to Chicago. Only 200 days and counting! Hoping everyone stays healthy.

Mary Lou

It's ironic that I started this thread and then had to cancel our Med cruise planned for this year due to work. :o We were planning to reschedule for 2008, but now friends of ours are considering a Norwegian fjords cruise, which we haven't done yet. I wish I could take a month off from work and do the fjords followed by the Med. That would be an awesome vacation and save a trip across the pond.

For those of you who haven't been to the Med yet, you're going to have a fabulous time. It was the most tiring and most interesting vacation we've taken yet, and I can't wait to get back there one day.

Karen

Archived