Star Princes Exclusive Photos By Crew Members

HumanCookie

Amazing the damage around the pool deck. I thought this was mostly contained outside the ship and the immediate cabins...It's a miracle the whole ship didn't burn..This experience will be used as an incentive for years to come when training the crew in fire safety.

I am sure they will be able to determine the exact cabin the fire started in from these pictures.

Unbelievable, anybody who doesn't take muster drills seriously again should be forced to look at these pictures over and over again.

Hats off to the crew of the Star who due to their intense training stopped a tragedy from being catastrophic.

Just cannot imagine what it must have been like to be involved in this event. We were on Star Princess around the Baltic last August and to think we had been in the areas where the devastation occurred does not bear thinking about.

The crew were fantastic on our cruise but the way have have handled this incident just shows what a great team they are. All credit to the Captain and all his staff for the way they handled this and let us hope the repairs are finished on schedule and that Star can get back to providing its excellent service to many more passengers without too many further cancellations of people's holidays which have no doubt been in the planning for a long time.

Good Luck to everyone involved with the re-fit.

Suron in Bristol, England

Unable as of now to access any pictures.

From what we've read,I'm sure it was very frightening for all concerned - that there was so little loss of life is amazing.

The cause will, I hope come to light. I just don't see how one cig. butt, on a balcony yet, could have caused the damage we've read about - an illegal iron or something electrical is much more likely to have been the cause.

Most certainly Star Princess crew deserve the highest praise.

me either! Have they been taken off by the msg. police?

NO! I just managed to bring up 2 of the URL's - guess it's heavy traffic!

There's more to this than meets the eye- those balconies look as if they were made of plastic and just melted with the heat - very high heat!

Hopefully Princess will be forthcoming with honest answers.

I finally was able to view the pictures

WOW - it is truly amazing that the whole ship didn't burn. The firefighters did a terrific job in containing that fire. Unbelievable............

it breaks my heart to see some of those pictures and brings back horrible memories of what our cabin looked like. They wouldn't allow us to take a picture of our cabin. The wall with the burned picture over the bed looks similar to what ours looked like. We didn't have a sliding glass door left, what had been two sliding doors with a small wall between then was just one big huge hall. It's scary to see these. The damage is more than you could have imagined. This also went out into the halls and that black soot that you saw then got dragged throughout the ship in some areas and down stairs. The furniture on what was left of our balcony was gone, completely gone. What was amazing was how something would burn but something next to it was just covered in black soot, it's like it picks and choses things.

Not sure if it was a good thing to see these or bad as I was just starting to get images out of my mind. My husband won't even look at them.

All I can say is I don't know how we all made it and I have no idea how those firefighters got the fire out. The fire was so hot and so damaging, it's a miracle that those hard working fireman got it out, a miracle.

Amazing pictures! Must of been an unbelievable hot fire. So glad that loss of life was so limited. Those whose lives were effected by this fire, may your healing from this expierence happen quickly.

Will anyone else be looking for sprinkler's on verandah's within the next few months?

Thank you for sharing this web-site. I still can't imagine the fear of being involved in a fire like that.

As I recall, the thread in regard to the cabin of origin, that cabin has been identified. I have to guess that the final discovery will be in the news before long.

Like cjskids, our friends, 8 cabins and one deck up from the origin, have not, as of today, been questioned. They have nothing but praise for the help they received from Princess. They have received all of their refunds and credits.

This is by far worse damage than I'm sure many of us felt there was. A picture says a thousand words.

I am sure that the crew and the many helpful passengers lessened what was so obviously an inferno.

It is a miracle that all the passengers escaped from the fire. I don't see how this ship would be ready to sail in another month after seeing all the structural damage that before we could only imagine.

Thanks for posting. I agree with the other poster that 15 May will be goey. :( As they get into it (which they probably have on the way to Germany) wonder how deep they will have to go. I am reminded of the Diamond Princess fire ... look how far they had to peel that onion. Big difference in that fire started internally.

WOW...amazed at the damage. I can't believe more people were not seriously hurt.....to everyone out there who wants to skip the muster drills, keep this incident in the back of your mind....could happen anywhere at anytime.....the only control you have is the knowledge in how to deal with it at the time:)

Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you for sharing this web-site. I still can't imagine the fear of being involved in a fire like that.

As I recall, the thread in regard to the cabin of origin, that cabin has been identified. I have to guess that the final discovery will be in the news before long.

Like cjskids, our friends, 8 cabins and one deck up from the origin, have not, as of today, been questioned. They have nothing but praise for the help they received from Princess. They have received all of their refunds and credits.

Can you tell me how you found out the cabin of origin? I know what some crew members told me in the middle of everything, but I've yet to hear anything official.

I'm glad that a crew member was able to get photos as senior officiers would not allow us to photograph the rooms.

If you have not yet been questioned and you were on the ship they are requesting passengers complete the questionnaire form at this site:

http://www.maib.gov.uk/latest_news/star_princess.cfm

Can you tell me how you found out the cabin of origin? I know what some crew members told me in the middle of everything, but I've yet to hear anything official.

I'm glad that a crew member was able to get photos as senior officiers would not allow us to photograph the rooms.

The crew gave us hint as to where the fire originated. Look at the photos Cabins A310, A330 and A338 have been singled out.

Archived