Which job would you want?

spendalot

I would love to have the onboard cruise consultants's position. I spent time with Mary Ann on the Rotterdam transatlantic, enjoyed her company, and was very envious of her job. The hours appeared to be great, and she always had most of her evenings after 6pm free and got to book CRUISES.

GN

I have a friend that has a daughter who dances on a Carnival ship...and she LOVES it. If I could do something like that, I would.

I suppose if I really had a choice, I'd be Captain for a day! Might as well shoot for the moon. It would be nice to have everyone asking how do they get to sit at my table (at dinner). As it is, I have to twist arms to get my kids to show up for dinner! However, since I'm not the best driver...I probably wouldn't very good at this. Once I backed out of the garage, and forgot that my oldest was home from college. I knocked his car halfway down the driveway. I forget how much that cost...

I'd have to go for Captain, too. Or, possibly, ship's doctor (if I could temporarily be qualified). I bet they see some interesting patients.

twinkletoes4445, when we were moving into our house, I backed out of our garage with a rear door open. I definitely feel your pain!

twinkletoes4445, when we were moving into our house, I backed out of our garage with a rear door open. I definitely feel your pain!

Yikes! I'll bet that was interesting. Did the door snap off?

One time we were looking at Jeep Cherokees. The sales person told my hubby that they (the Jeep) can go off-roading. Hubby told the salesman that the only off-roading I do is when I miss the driveway. The minute that one left his lips he was SO sorry. He's paid for that comment over and over and over again. lol

twinkletoes -- I'm sorry, but that is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. I once backed out and took the mirror off my door -- does that count??

As far as jobs on the ship, I'd also like to serve as the on-board cruise consultant. Give me the opportunity to plan my next cruise while getting paid for it :D .

I want to share the Cruise Consultant job with Grannynurse:) My TA has been telling me for a long time that I would make a great Cruise Consultant, as it is I do it constantly at work. Just today I helped one of my bank reps plan an Alaskan Cruise on the Oosterdam for his Anniversary. Although I have a little over 10 years before I can retire I doubt I will actually become one but it's nice to dream:D

This may sound odd, but I'd like to be one of the photographers or videographers for a day.

Why? Because all their pictures are the same; I'm sure they could make far more money if they went around and took pictures of people at the rail or having a drink or walking along the deck instead of just at dinner or during the lifeboat drills! I'd shake it up a little :D

Or a cruise consultant - I keep a huge stack of HAL brochures on my desk at work that has people constantly coming in and out to see what I've got :)

I want to share the Cruise Consultant job with Grannynurse:) My TA has been telling me for a long time that I would make a great Cruise Consultant, as it is I do it constantly at work. Just today I helped one of my bank reps plan an Alaskan Cruise on the Oosterdam for his Anniversary. Although I have a little over 10 years before I can retire I doubt I will actually become one but it's nice to dream:D

Lisa--

I'm right there with you - I'm already a future cruise consultant, just not getting paid for it

;)

This may sound odd, but I'd like to be one of the photographers or videographers for a day.

Why? Because all their pictures are the same; I'm sure they could make far more money if they went around and took pictures of people at the rail or having a drink or walking along the deck instead of just at dinner or during the lifeboat drills! I'd shake it up a little :D

Or a cruise consultant - I keep a huge stack of HAL brochures on my desk at work that has people constantly coming in and out to see what I've got :)

I purposly went thru all these just to read yours (hun) i knew you were going to say that :) with that said i'd like to be the hotel manager just because it sounds like alot of fuN!

For me it would be Navigation...all that fancy electronic equipment and, when all else fails, there's the celestial system to find our way...plus I get to be on the bridge and wear a great uniform :D

I gave some thought to it and I would like to be a waiter, because you get to meet so many people, who are all dressed up and in good moods.

Must be the past restaraunteer in me... But I would love that. :) :) and you get to serve some really yummy food..that people dont eat everyday. Woops I just thought about the somellia's (? spelling) job... HMMM

OK, could I share also? What a job, selling cruises while on a cruise..... Someone also mentioned the "Social Hostess" was a position no longer filled. The "shopping hostess" might be fun also! I'd love to be a "dance host," but I guess I'm the wrong gender for that one! It's funny, but I even thought being a barista in the coffee bar would be a great position. (I'll have a tall, skinny, mocha latte, no whip!)

I'd leave the Special Education field tomorrow if I could..... Gee, it's fun to dream.....

I want to share the Cruise Consultant job with Grannynurse.

I want to blow sax in the house band. I gave up my wish to be a professional musician 40 years ago when I realized that I'd actually have to find some other way to pay for life's basic necessities (food, shelter, etc.). It would be nice, though, to combine my two loves - music and the sea - if only for a little while.

I would have originally said cruise director, but after reading some of these other posts, I guess future cruise consultant would be even more fun! Just helping people to decide on their perfect voyage ... helping them to plan it ... and seeing how excited they were ... that would be tons of fun.

I heard that on the World Cruise sometimes the cruise director's staff sets up just such an activity. Passengers can choose to serve in the roles of various people onboard ... such as officers, cruise staff, waiters, etc. I would imagine they "shadow" them for a day. The passengers are even offered the option of spending a night in the crew quarters if they'd like. They are also provided with uniforms.

Dane Butcher told us about this on the Zuiderdam ... during one of his coffee chats. He said that such an activity would only work on something like the World Cruise because it can only be done with a limited amount of people. Could you imagine? Captain for a day? Wonder if that would include the authority to turn the ship around and head for Hawaii? :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

This will probably seem strange - but one of the prep cooks in the galley, where there is little to no contact with the passengers. I have a pretty high stress HR job now and people can be very difficult so I would want to do something where at the end of the long day I'm done.

Archived