Do we post on the new boards or the old ones?

I don't think that you can post on the old boards. When you open a thread they are all listed as "closed" and there is no reply button.
"The Fix" is still open, and still going strong.

I think the answer is - talk where you like!

Boy, this new board is definately going to take some time to get use to! I like the layout, but it seems a little confusing at times. I haven't tried posting to the old board in a couple of days, so I thought I try this new one to see how it works.

Bill

I can't figure out how to mark a thread as one I want to follow or not. And how do you figure out which of the threads you are following have new posts to them? I like the old "Whats New" button that we used to have.

Just trying to reply to the new boards and see if my userid/ etc. still works :) Apparently it does and I 'lost' over a 1,000 posts - oh well - doesn't really matter - I tried posting on the 'old' boards and it won't let you so I guess the 'new' boards here are the way to go.

I can't figure out how to mark a thread as one I want to follow or not. And how do you figure out which of the threads you are following have new posts to them? I like the old "Whats New" button that we used to have.

You can subscribe to thread via the thread tools drop down. To see if a thread has new posts look for the open envelope on the far left hand side, if you see it there are new posts, if it's a gray closed one there are no new posts. Upon opening a thread look at the top for the view first unread button, that'll take you to where the new posts since your last visit start.

To follow a thread go to "thread tools" at the top of the thread and click on "subscribe to this thread". When you go to your User CP all the threads to you are subscribed with new posts will show up there. When you post to a thead you are automatically subscribed to it.

To see if a thread has new posts look for the open envelope on the far left hand side, if you see it there are new posts, if it's a gray closed one there are no new posts. Upon opening a thread look at the top for the view first unread button, that'll take you to where the new posts since your last visit start.
Also, if (in the forum, listing all threads) the thread title has a little square box with an arrow immediately to its left, clicking that box will take you straight to the first unread post.

I miss seeing who is on the boards. Or am I missing that somewhere?
Down near the bottom of the page there is a box showing "currently active users" but all I see is me and I'm pretty sure that's not right. :p Maybe it's just not functioning in the beta version??

Sophie and Celtic, I know what you mean! It was nice to be able to easily see who's on. There is a nice feature on these boards, check out the 'QUICK LINKS' on the blue bar above. It takes you to a list of who's on and what they're up to!:eek:

Whoa Mamma!

That Quick Link feature is just too Big Brother for me.

What will it tell us next?

What everyone is wearing while online?

What everyone is really supposed to be doing instead of being online?

I don't know about this.

I do not like that quick link method of seeing who is on the board at all. You have to sort through multiple pages and it doesn't limit the list to who is on the same board as you. I would much rather have a list of names at the top like we used to have when you went to a particular board.

Archived