Europe 2007 Now Open!

ocngypz

Celebrity Cruises is pleased to announce the following products are opening for sale tomorrow morning, April 19, 2006.

Century will sail a variety of Northern Europe itineraries ranging from Scandinavia & Russia, British Isles, Norwegian Fjords, Scotland & Ireland, and North Cape & Arctic Circle, all round-trip from Rotterdam, Holland. Century will also sail 10- and 11-nights Western Mediterranean and Morocco cruises round-trip from Barcelona, Spain.

Constellation will sail a season of 14-night Scandinavia & Russia itineraries round-trip from Dover, England. Constellation will also sail a couple of open-jaw Scandinavia & Russia sailings to/from Stockholm, Sweden, Copenhagen, Denmark and Dover, England.

Galaxy is slated for 10- and 11-night Mediterranean cruises round-trip from Rome, Italy. Galaxy will also sail a few 14-night itineraries; Exotic Mediterranean & Black Sea cruises from Rome, Italy; Ancient Empires open-jaw from Rome and Athens, ending in Barcelona.

Millennium will sail 12-, 13- and 14-night Mediterranean cruises open-jaw to/from Barcelona, Spain and Venice, Italy.

The Eastbound and Westbound Transatlantic crossings for all ships listed above will be opening in early May.

They are currently (9am) open by phone but not up on the web. I called and was pleasantly surprised at the prices. I was surprised how much Navigator into Europe on RCL is and feared a trend. Happily, it isn't so.

Hmmmm... just called and they said nothing would be available until the end of the Month or early May... Any info on the prices?

By the way, greetings from another Ottawa cruiser!

I'd strongly urge you to call back. I got the same answer as you but called back and was helped by Marietta at extension 30738 and was able to get a quote and a courtesy hold for two days. Would also have been able to book but am waiting on RCL's Brilliance tomorrow. This way, we have our preferred balcony if we go with X.

12 Night Venice to Barcelone was 2950 for Sept, 2570 for May, both 2007, both for 2B Verandas, both in US funds. For May, concierge class was 2950 per person.

<<<Century will sail a variety of Northern Europe itineraries ranging from Scandinavia & Russia, British Isles, Norwegian Fjords, Scotland & Ireland, and North Cape & Arctic Circle, all round-trip from Rotterdam, Holland. Century will also sail 10- and 11-nights Western Mediterranean and Morocco cruises round-trip from Barcelona, Spain. >>>

Are you sure Century will sail from Rotterdam and not from Amsterdam?

To the passengers this is not very convenient as major airlines fly to Amsterdam. Besides most tourists want to visit Amsterdam and less Rotterdam.

It will involve much longer transfers.

I am stunned by the pricing for the Family Oceanviews on Millenium for June 30, 2007. Passengers 1 & 2 are 3999. each plus taxes, Passengers 3, 4 & 5 are 1499. each plus taxes. They would not take a booking for less than 5 passengers. I called Celebrity direct and they would not do a courtesy hold - deposits only. How did you talk them into a hold? I booked the cabin anyway and am hoping the prices come down substantially.

Sue

I just got off the phone with Marietta...we are interested in the British Isles/Norway cruise in 2007 that Constellation is doing this year. So far...nothing. She said maybe in the fall. Jewel of the Seas will be doing a very similar itinerary. Have to call RCCL to find out if 2007 has been released.

I should have explained the hold better. I called and they weren't open so she said she would hold something and call me when they opened. She did and I made a deposit when she called back. I now have two European cruises booked for next summer and am waiting on RCCL to release their tomorrow. We will cancel the two we don't take but we wanted to be able to weigh our options and have a good choice of cabins. Sorry my orginal post was confusing; it doesn't even make sense to me, now that I read it. I was a little hyper because I'd just booked our first European cruise. :)

I should have explained the hold better. I called and they weren't open so she said she would hold something and call me when they opened. She did and I made a deposit when she called back. I now have two European cruises booked for next summer and am waiting on RCCL to release their tomorrow. We will cancel the two we don't take but we wanted to be able to weigh our options and have a good choice of cabins. Sorry my orginal post was confusing; it doesn't even make sense to me, now that I read it. I was a little hyper because I'd just booked our first European cruise. :)

No problem at all Schplinsky, nice to hear you have a Europe Cruise booked. Congratulations !

Thanks Andy. I've been away from the X forums since travelling on Constellation in January. It was interesting because it was a bit of a let-down after all the build-up and the assurance of so many that Celebrity was a "step above," particularly in the areas where Celebrity is noted: food and service. We had mediocre reactions to both. That said, in reading reviews of Connie since then, our week seems to have been an anomoly as there were three reviewers of Connie for my week on CC and they all were disappointed but in general, folks seem happy with her. We're willing to have another go at it on her twin. We'll especially hope to have a different cruise director (there were few activities on Connie compared to other Daily Compasses I had read online and there were daily bingo announcements) but I anticipate no problems.

One of the best selling features for X in Europe is that lovely T pool to return to every day. Sigh! We also booked a balcony this time and I would like to thank canderson, I believe, who posted the better balconies in the FAQ of this forum.

I am stunned by the pricing for the Family Oceanviews on Millenium for June 30, 2007. Passengers 1 & 2 are 3999. each plus taxes, Passengers 3, 4 & 5 are 1499. each plus taxes. They would not take a booking for less than 5 passengers. I called Celebrity direct and they would not do a courtesy hold - deposits only. How did you talk them into a hold? I booked the cabin anyway and am hoping the prices come down substantially.

Sue

We also are booking an FV for that sailing for our family of 4. I have not heard back from my TA yet, but based on those prices I am not encouraged! Because it is during the height of summer vacation for families, I am not sure that the price will decline. We have a booking for a Constellation FV during this coming New Year's. We made the booking thru our TA on the first day they were available for reserving and the price has only gone up from there.

We are a family of four but they would not allow only 4 in a FV this morning. They would only accept bookings for 5 so I added a friend for my daughter and will try to have that reduced later. I really can't imagine 5 adults with only 1 bathroom!

Sue

Holy Cow... we had an FV last year on Millennium for the Med. We were only two and we paid $2,700 each. Glad we got it when we did as it looks like never again.

They are available on the website today.

Of course, maybe the title of the thread should have been: "Europe 2007 Now Sold Out!" - LOL!

All the 20 or so cabins I was intersted in are already gone :(.

Man, people are fast!!

Melissa :)

I am stunned by the categories that are selling out. We are booked and are happy with our cabin and we may even let it go if Brilliance is comparably priced. Maybe a lot of people booked until they could see what is out there?

I am stunned by the categories that are selling out. We are booked and are happy with our cabin and we may even let it go if Brilliance is comparably priced. Maybe a lot of people booked until they could see what is out there?

Hi Schplinsky !

That's probably the case. Remember, its only a deposit that is fully refundable. I am sure that plenty of people are holding several bookings, and will pick and choose from what works best for them. This will result in cancellations.

Even if it is "sold out" today, never give up. In most cases, it works out fine.

Even if it is "sold out" today, never give up. In most cases, it works out fine.

I totally agree. When we booked Freedom of the Seas, we moved form room to room to room as we got closer and closer to our perfect cabin. Now, we have a corner aft at theE1 rate, which would be comparable to 2B on X. We're happy sailors.

Yippee!!!- I booked th Med Cruise on the May 13th on Millenium- got a CC cabin (8090) exactly where I wanted ... and got to move my $200 onboard credit where I booked on Navigator of the Seas (while I was on Legend)- all is good!! This will be my husband's first cruise and as my travel friend said "I'm spoiling him on the first one" but hopefully he'll get the "cruise bug" too :)

P.S. the good news is that the pricing is substantially cheaper than Princess (by $500 per person for a balcony!!).

melissa :)

Not necessarily Melissa. Remember Princess rates can be discounted by a TA. Celebrity can't. We booked for around $500 less pp than on the Princess website.

Not necessarily Melissa. Remember Princess rates can be discounted by a TA. Celebrity can't. We booked for around $500 less pp than on the Princess website.

True, but none of the major online TA's seem to be willing to give in a penny!

Archived