Luv2CruiseHal

What food would you try  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What food would you try

• Sushi
    • Escargot
    • Pickeled Eel
    • Other

I love sushi, I love escargot, and blecchh for pickeled eel :p . I don't know what else I'd want to try - I've eaten caviar, don't care for it, maybe different cocktails!!!!;)

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I voted for other because I have paid to eat all of the others. I love escargot and sushi, pickeled eel was ehh.

Now if you are talking lime beans or peas, I don't like them. I know it is irrational, as I will try almost anything once, but I have never cared for them. Now, if a host offers them in a dinner party setting, I will eat a portion of them, as the host did make an effort to serve them.

Forget the escargot!!:eek:

You are what you eat and this gardener can taste the dirt in each gritty morsel!:cool:

Sushi, I love. Pate, I will try if it's offered. Loved the Oysters Rockefeller (ordered double appetizer, no soup that night!) I tried duck on board and tried a veal shank. One I loved, one I didn't. It is fun to cruise and try foods you'd usually not order!

Have tried (and paid for) all the listed foods at one time or another. Except for escargot which really is insect-like and rubbery like octopus, they are not bad. I really like sushi.

Many years ago we were in Japan and ate a lot of tempura as it was often the most familiar restaurant choice (just deep fried food) -- our tempura always had strips (long and narrow) of a very tasty white meat fish. About 3/4 of the way through our trip we heard that most tempura was served with some eel. So....we took a good look at one of the long, tasty, strips and realized that there was a spine up the middle of each strip and curled flesh radiating from the spine. It did not take us long to realize that we had eaten, and enjoyed eel all the way across Japan. At that time I would not even taste sushi so I certainly would not have tried the eel had I known what it was.

An open mind expands our vistas and our reach. At the worst we spit it out or suffer it down, at the best we have discovered a new food and cultural experience. Its all part of travel and part of what we love.

I have already eaten and like the choices, what i won't try are many items one the menu in China, i was there for 7 weeks and mosty survived on Beer.

I just couldn't stomach the rotten green eggs with rotten chickens inside and the pork that still hadthe hair on it.

And we won't even talk about the time i braved the grocery store.

I wouldn't necessarily pay for Escargot at a restaurant, but I'll be sure to order it on our next cruise. I won't eat the sushi served on the cruise because it is usually of poor quality compared to what we get at restaurants at home. Sushi is one of my son's favorite foods. We don't care for sashimi however, that is the raw fish stuff.

Pickled eel? I don't think. I won't try insects either or internal organs, but most anything else is good to go. Bring on the duck, the venison, the lamb and the shrimp ceviche.

It's funny what people like and don't like!

I don't care how you disguise them with garlic and butter - no snails for me.

I do like sushi, and eel is just fish, after all - very nice too, if properly prepared.

What I would like to see on the menu is brains.

Not something I care to prepare myself. (my mother still does!) BTW, I'm talking sheep's brains here.

I really enjoy eating them when imaginatively prepared in a good restaurant, but have yet to see them on a ship.

Steve.

I'll never eat any of those items - free or not. They couldn't pay me enough to eat them either.

I'm adventurous in many ways - but not with food. It's nothing I'm proud of - it's just me. I love to travel to new and often "exotic" places, and I realize I'm missing out on part of the experience by not eating the native specialties etc - it's a failing I have to live with.

Perhaps my mother was frightened by Julia Child - or was it the "Naked Chef"? Whatever the reason, I'm afraid to try new things many others enjoy. Often, during a cruise, I'll think about trying lobster - but I always "chicken out" - or, more likely, "beef out."

We'll be in Africa and the Middle East in May and June and I will become a temporary vegetarian. I'll also carry peanut butter and crackers, and nutrition and Snicker bars as a backup.

I also confess I've never tasted coffee - perhaps because I saw how the coffee drinkers turned out. I have tasted tea, however - but no one's perfect.

This is such an interesting poll! We have so many opinions about food. Personally, I'm not interested in anything listed and doubt I'd try any of it, but I'm sure there are other things that I would try. I really liked haggis and people think that's totally gross. I was glad I tried it. But, I have a pretty limited number of foods that I like and certain things don't have any appeal at all. What a great question!!!

I chose other too.

I love sushi, I enjoy escargot and usually do order it on a a cruise. Pickled eel doesn't sound so hot.

Normally I am a little braver with trying new things when I am on a cruise because I always have the safety net of ordering something else if I really don't like it.

I will try any new (to me) fruit or vegetable but meats......no way. I don`t care for much meat that I do recognise, and definitely wouldn`t eat something I don`t recognise, either by looks or name. I`m not very adventurous when it comes to things I`m not familiar with.....jean:cool:

Yuk!!!!!!

I'm sorry ... but I couldn't respond to your poll. You didn't provide an option for NONE of the above. :(

LOL ... sorry, but these "culinary delights" are just not my cup of tea. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I will try any new (to me) fruit or vegetable but meats......no way. I don`t care for much meat that I do recognise, and definitely wouldn`t eat something I don`t recognise, either by looks or name. I`m not very adventurous when it comes to things I`m not familiar with.....jean:cool:

But it tastes like chicken !:D

Archived