Table for 2 in dining rooms

Elmo31

We want a table for 2 when we sail may 21st on the victory. Carnival and our travel agent said we couldnt request one until we are on board. Any suggestions when we can talk to the Maitre D?:confused: or what we have to do.

Our TA always requests what table we want to the cruiseline and we always get it.

As soon as you board the ship and take you carry ons to the cabin, go to the dining room that you are assigned to and tell the Maitre D that you would like a table for 2, it won't happen the first night because it is open seating but odds are the next afternoon you will get notice that a table has been arranged for you. They are usually really good at honoring your requests.

We were just on the Valor and the first night was assigned seating just like the rest of the cruise, but we always go, as stated above to the dining room first thing to re-confirm the table for 2- CC can't guarantee it but they CAN put a note in your booking that you request one- they have done it for us

We were on the Liberty in March. The first night was assigned seating. We went to the Maitre D around 2pm (it was noted in the Capers in the room he would be available starting at 1:30). He very nicely changed our assignment right then for us. We had our new assignment for the first night.:)

We did tip him for this, he said it wasn't necessary (but how could you not, he did us a great favor). He was very friendly. He only asked us why we wanted to change. I had two reasons. I have braces and I didn't want to be embarrassed by food in my braces in front of other people and this cruise was for our anniversary. He laughed about the braces thing and handed me a slip with our new table assignment.

There will be a line of people wanting to change their seating and he will try to do it immediately if he can. He couldn't do ours but put our request down and went through all of them the next afternoon and then we were sent a note saying what time and table. I don't think it's necessary to tip him for this at the time although we did tip him on the last day.

When we boarded the Liberty, we boarded right in front of one of the dining rooms. I had my fiancee stay w/ the bags in the lobby and I went right in and talked to him, 2 mins after boarding. We had our pick of times (we were changing b/c we got assigned 5:45pm, which was 2 early and we wanted a table for two as it was a birthday/engagement celebration). He was very nice and let me pick everything right there and gave me a piece of paper w/ our new table # on it. I think I gave him $5 or something like that...

On the Valor recently, we made no special requests, but were seated at a table for four, but we were always the only tow at the table. There was a mother and son at the next table for four, and they also never had anyone else there.

I don't think you can be 100% certain you will be able to dine alone, but there is a good chance that you will.

Has anyone had any experience with getting a table for 2 on the 4 day Paradise? We were told by PVP that we could not request at time of booking. We are going on May 1 & I would book another one right now for later in the year if this is easy to get. It is the only thing I don't like about Carnival- all other cruise lines have many tables for 2 & we've never had a problem.

wow sounds pretty easy to get a table for 2 these days. this will be our 8th cruise and we still havent been able to get a table for 2. hopefully on our may 21st sailing we will be able to get one. thanks for all your info.:)

Archived