United changed our flight time from 12:10pm to 11:10 am on disembarkation day (LAX)

Winegirl from CA

I had a flight out of LAX at 12:10pm, and had reassurance from everyone that if I told Princess, I could get early disembarkation, and would get to the airport in plenty of time (hopefully). Well United changed my flight to 11:10am and didn't even tell me! Luckily I called last night to confirm my flights, and that is when I found out. Now, is 11:10 am too early of a flight, day of disembarkation? The next available flight is 2:00pm. Thank you!

I had a flight out of LAX at 12:10pm, and had reassurance from everyone that if I told Princess, I could get early disembarkation, and would get to the airport in plenty of time (hopefully). Well United changed my flight to 11:10am and didn't even tell me! Luckily I called last night to confirm my flights, and that is when I found out. Now, is 11:10 am too early of a flight, day of disembarkation? The next available flight is 2:00pm. Thank you!

I can't tell you personally about LA, but I would feel more comfortable with the later flight. You never know when there will be a delay on land or on sea. The extra buffer would be nice.

AA just messed with our flight times and resecheduled with no penalities since it was their change even though we have highly restricted fares.

I had the same dilemna a couple months ago with Delta. Almost the exact same timing change.

I opted to change to a 1:10 flight, but we were at LAX by 9:00 am and I think we would have made an 11:10 flight with no trouble.

If you're going to be the Sapphire, in the Wednesday Patter on the front page there is a box regarding Disembarkation in Los Angeles. Says if you are an independent traveler and have a flight time from Los Angeles before 2:00 pm, to register at the Passenger Services Desk. We did this and they assigned us to Red #5 tags. They were running ahead of schedule and we were called about 8:15. Flights before noon were Red #1 & #2 which were scheduled for 8:15, but ended up being called about 8:00.

Now each cruise is different and things can sometimes happen.

Just thought I would give you our experience. We got off the ship on April 8.

Good luck with your decision.:o

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. We got off the Sapphire at about 840 in the second group, and got to LAX by about 10. I wouldn't have wanted to be panicking about an early flight. And as you say, you can always ask about getting on the earlier flight if you get there in time.

United recently changed our flight times for a trip from Chicago to California. Make sure you have assigned seats. When United put us on another flight we were not assigned seats. We wound up paying extra to have upgraded coach extra leg room just so we could sit together.

Don't forget that INS sometimes takes their own sweet time. We had friends who had an 11 a.m. flight from LAX, had the first disembarkation time but didn't get off the ship until 45 minutes later. And, to top it all off, their bus was supposed to be for their airline only but the rep held the bus for other people who were going on other airlines so they barely made their flight. It's sort of a catch 22. I heard others who had no problems making their 11 a.m. flights.

American did the same to us coming out of Ft Lauderdale this June, from 1210 to 1103. We rang American and they moved us to the later flight (1pm) without any charge. Personally, I have had flight reservations at 11am and it can be a little stressful as some of the other posters have mentioned. Would definitely recommend IMHO that you try to get later.

Archived