South Beach Dieters Group Meet Here!

WeirdEyes

Hi all,

I did pretty well today. Managed to keep on diet and I have already done 13,000 steps so I should get my 15,000 in before bed.

Here are tomorrow's goals:

1 Survive camp day 2

2 Breakfast- low carb bar

Lunch- low carb wrap with hummus, tomato, cucumber, red pepper and spinach, grape tomatoes and string cheese

Snack- high fiber cereal mix (they're having granola bars)

Dinner- roasted pork with veggies

Snack- sugar free chocolate

3 Exercise- 15,000 steps or a run if we get rained out.

Tami

:D Went to the store today because my neighbor had told me that the deli was now roasting bonless turkey breasts and slicing them for deli meat instead of the regular predone stuff. I went today and got some for my dinner. It was really, really good! I didn't eat my whole serving as In was eating early and I thought I would have some for a snack later. Well I ate, put everything away. A couple of hours later I heard the dog in the kitchen. Some how, I had put everything away except the turkey! Don't know how I did that, but with a Great Dane in the house, if there's unsecured food, she's going for it! So now, I'm turkey-less and it was soooo good! Oh well, back to the store tomorrow! Just thought it was good for a giggle! (Maddie sure looked like she enjoyed it!)

Official weigh in today....2 weeks = down 12lbs - and it feels great!

Jenny & Tuggers-congrats on your losses as well! Jenny - I know it will take time to lose the 70lbs I want to and I'm glad to see your posts and that you are staying with it because if you can do it then I can do it!

Tami - sounds like you did very good considering the day you had! 4 more days of camp and counting right?:)

Sheila - thanks for all of your posts- I did go back and read them this weekend looking for info on transitioning into phase 2 and I really like your 1.5 idea - it makes sense to me - I had 1/2 of whole wheat pita bread today at lunch with my greek food and it tasted sooo goood! But that's the only thing I had different today.

fighterone - the 2nd week of phase one went by a lot faster than the 1st one. I thought about joining online but decided not to. so much good info on these boards and in the books that I think I am okay and that money will be put away for our cruise in Nov.

off to watch some tv and relax before bedtime. I'll try to check in tomorrow - back to the gym but only on the treadmill.

Kathy

Hey Tuggers...funny about the dog eating your turkey. I have a little dog but he would have managed a few bites if possible.

I am pretty good about sticking to the right foods, however I seem to be eating in bulk...so don't know how this affects the losing process. Just started being more hungry this week...week 4.

32 days till cruise and I would like to lose 5 more lbs.

Oh...I thought I would mention that it has been more than 500 days since my last cruise and I weight the same today:)

I only gained 5 lbs since then and now I have lost it. So if I lose more before the next cruise I will be ahead of the game.

Jenny, congratulations on the 41.5 lbs loss. That is absolutely fabulous!!! I'm sooo proud of you. :D

All of you are doing sooo much better than me. I feel so guilty. I have got to get back on the bandwagon. I've been eating on plan, but I'm eating too much and not exercising. I keep telling myself that tomorrow is another day, but if I don't start now, I won't make my goal to lose 15 lbs by my 40th birthday. Will it be the end of the world? Probably not, but it won't make me happy. I will probably go back to Phase 1.5 to see if that helps and start back exercising.

Tami, glad to hear that you survived the first day of camp. Isn't dealing with other people's children and the mothers a pain in the rear? I'm with you about discipline. No wringing hands waiting for Dad to come home at my house. Geesh! :rolleyes: Good luck with the rest of the week!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread & hope to find some secrets to help me with my weight loss. I've been on SB since Feb & have lost 24 lbs + 15 inches. My DH tells me I'm doing good but I feel like it should be more. I do a 25 min Pilates work out every day which has helped alot. I would like to lose about 20 more lbs. It didn't seem like I was losing any thing so I went back to Phase 1 & lost 7 lbs in those 2 weeks. If any one else has any secrets, please post them. Thanks.

Thanks for all the nice feedback everyone!

Tami, I'm so impressed that you do 15K steps in a day! I'm proud of myself when I do over 5K - and a "normal" day for me is more like 3,500. I look forward to losing enough so that I can do "real" exercise. Right now, with 160 lbs to go, I still struggle with a bad knee and ankle that keep me from doing much more than walking. I was hoping that 40 lbs would make a big difference, but not yet. I'll get there though!

Tuggers, the picture in my mind of your turkey mishap certainly brought a smile to my day! Frustrating as though they might get, animals sure bring a lot of happiness to our lives. :)

Kathy, I would be thrilled to be "only" 70 lbs over weight. You keep up the good work and you'll be there in no time. It may be slow, but it will happen!

PG Cruiser, how wonderful to not have gained anything for such a long period of time. You should be proud to have maintained for over 500 days!

Shelia, I’ve been struggling also with the “staying on plan, but having too much” - especially with wine. I’ve been having 2 or 3 glasses instead of just 1, and need to cut back.

Welcome Rox6983! 15 inches after only 24 lbs? That’s wonderful! I’ve lost 41 lbs and as of Saturday was down 15 inches. I don’t do any real exercise, so I’m sure that’s the difference. What a good lesson you’ve now taught me though!

Hi Rox! Welcome! You and I sound a lot alike. I think we struggle more getting the weight off because we don't have that much to lose in the first place. It was soooo easy for me to lose weight when I had 70 lbs to lose instead of 15! Good luck and please keep coming back. :D

Good afternoon ladies.. Its Monday and I am making a resolution to stick to it and not worry about the scale. It helps me a lot to hear all of your stories and learning about the different foods and exercise programs has helped me to modify my plans and have some variety.

So lets all have a great week.

Vicky

Survived day 2! The same mom was a pain and we're all kind of hoping that she gets the hint soon and just doesn't come back. Today she was over an hour late and was late getting her kids involved in every activity. Once we finally got them on to teams (because all 3 had to be on the same one) the refused to cooperate and she was mad because we didn't plan activities they were interested in. (we had Wayfarer's olympics today) Funny, the other 25 kids were having a blast!

My food yesterday went well until about 10pm and i was just starved to the point of being light headed so I had 2 pieces of cheese and tomato pizza because that was what we had in the house. (I really need to do a grocery run sometime!) I dropped half a pound but I shot up 4 pounds over the weekend. Not really sure what's going on there since I started running again. Maybe I'm holding on to water. I made my 15,000 steps yesterday. By 8pm today when I took the pedometer off it read 25,412! :eek: No wonder I'm tired and my feet hurt!

My food plan didn't go according to plan but I didn't do too badly in spite of it all. I came home to pork chops in the slow cooker but we were all so hot that a big meal was not in the cards. Ended up with roast beef and 4 or 5 curley fries from Arby's. Pork chops are in the freezer for when I need an emergency meal.

I made a pasta salad with low carb- high fiber pasta, edamame, artichoke hearts, black olives and a salsa/fat free sour cream dressing for tomorrow. Something cold should hit the spot better than hot food.

Goals for day 3

1-survive and not shoot off my mouth to the mom from H#$$

2- breakfast low carb bar or ricotta cheese

lunch hummus and veggie roll up or summer rolls

snack string cheese

supper pasta salad

snack sugar free chocolate

3 15,000 steps or a run

If we dont' get rained out tomorrow should be great fun. It's DINO DAY! We're making fossil castings with plaster of paris, making our own fossil prints with coffee dough and objects and several other dino activities. The best part is we have a fossil dig. One of our goats came up missing while we were on vacation and we didn't find her for almost a month. (Dead of course.) She was too far gone to worry about so when the tissue was all gone we bleached the skeleton (including the baby skull) and now the kids get to dig for the bones of a "never before discovered goat like dinosaur. "

LOL, Creepy, I know, but you have to know our kids. :D This kind of stuff is right up their alley. Heck, the last time we went camping with them my oldest DD and her friend spent the entire weekend collecting cicada and other bug exoskeletons.

Tami

don't worry! went on South Beach in February...cruised in April and didn't gain a pound! and ate what I wanted. had the cheese selection for dessert every evening. and had wine every evening with dinner! was able to stick to the South Beach way of eating (no longer a diet...it's a lifestyle) the entire cruise. Have lost 35 pounds since February and getting ready for my next cruise in November. Hoping to be able to shed the last couple of pounds before Nov. 7...but I'm in the size I was hoping for...and feel so much better. Cruises have so many selections...you CAN do it! and don't be shy about asking for olive oil for your salad...the wait staff will take care of you!!!

CP

Hi everyone - we went to the gym tonight and I walked on the treadmill for 45min at a slow pace. dinner was broiled catfish and steamed broccoli.

Welcome Rox - it sounds like you are doing great and actually the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off according to my dr.

Tami- glad you survived another day - tomorrow sounds like a lot of fun - I'll cross my fingers for sunshine for you and the kids.

Sheila - my best friend is the same way - she only has 10lbs to lose and it is harder for her to lose that 10lbs than for me to lose 30+ I think your body just wants to hold onto it the smaller you get. Hang in there - it will come off!

estj- I'm hoping that over the next 75 days - I will be so adjusted to this WOE that it has started to become a lifestyle change and I will atleast make better choices on the cruise - I plan to work hard until then and allow myself some extras on the cruise - but not to go way overboard!

Kathy

Hi everyon! I started the SBD a week ago today, and have lost 5lbs total. I don't feel any different, and I don't know where the 5lbs came from. Oh well. I've not felt deprived or anything. Now, I just need to get motivated to go to the gym.

Headhurt, welcome to South Beach! Sounds like you are doing great!

I finally exercised last night...did the 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds. It felt good to have that "good" tired feeling. I need to put on my pedometer to see how many steps I take in a day....good thinking Tami.

I also cut down on my portions yesterday so we'll see if that helps. I've come to the conclusion taht I will probably not meet my 40th birthday goal. I am striving for a 10 lb loss by Oct. 21st now. I am booking our next cruise today so I have 9 months to get this body into shape....except for my stomach. I swear, I could weigh 110 lbs and I'd still look 4 months pregnant. DH keeps asking me, "Are you sure you want to torture yourself with a tummy tuck?" Yes!!!! Unfortunately, I won't be able to have it before our next cruise because I am saving up. No matter, I'll still have a blast!

Everyone, please have a good day and stick to the program!!! :D

Morning all,

Hmmmm Sheila, You may have hit the nail on the head about portion sizes. I am real good at staying with what is allowed, however I tend to eat volumes when I do eat.

I am always making whipped cream with splenda and unsweetened cocoa and still feel guilty every time I eat it and tricks my mind into thinking I should be gaining weight, but I mostly stay the same and would like to lose at least 1 lb per week.

Any suggestions?

Well Day 3 is history for camp. Woohoo! The mom from H#** wasn't there so it was a beautiful day. Weather cooperated too. It was cloudy and humid all day but the temp wasn't too hot.

The kids FREAKED over the dino dig and every time they came up with something big all activity stopped so everyone could see. Tomorrow is here for pool day so a repeat of today would be perfect.

I'm still holding on to 3 1/2 of the 4 pounds I gained over the weekend. I have a hard time believing that because I'm not eating much and we're out moving about in the hot sun all day. Kinda wonder if I'm not retaining water or something. Oh well as long as I dont' add more back I can deal with it next week.

Tami

Hello South Beachers:

Good to see that you are still hanging in there. The tomato pizza sounds mighty good by now, after 10 days on this phase one but a glass of wine sounds even better. Both together would be absolute bliss.

Adoptmom, like you, I believe hummus is my life saver or did I say that before. There are no camp kiddies and moms from H where I work although we do have one wench of an office worker always complaining and ...creating a hostile work environment. They call it subdued Violence in the Workplace, now. Hopefully she will retire soon. Man it's hard to work with people like that.

After 10 days, I must say that I feel great on this program.

Sheila, what's this about a tummy tuck? How old are you to want that. At my age, they don't matter. To each his own. Do you work those abs?

well dinner time, and more chicken! later, j. hangin in in texas

Sheila, what's this about a tummy tuck? How old are you to want that. At my age, they don't matter. To each his own. Do you work those abs?

Yes, I want a tummy tuck. I will be 40 in October. I have had 3 major surgeries that included cutting through my abdominal muscles. I've had 2 doctors tell me that I will never have a small stomach due to that factor. I cannot do situps because I have a very bad back that will not allow me. One of my doctors told me that I could do 200 crunches a day and it wouldn't really matter. My stomach bothers me A LOT. I look at least 4 months pregnant because I am not really fat anywhere else. I've had people ask me when is the baby due. :eek: Cosmetic surgery is a personal choice. This is something that I want to do for myself...not anybody else. :)

Tami, I'm so glad to hear that your day went better. I hope the mother from heck doesn't show up again today. Good luck!

PGCruiser, I'm convinced that portion control is a must on South Beach even if it is not stressed. I know that is one reason why I'm not losing. Are you exercising? If not, that will help you lose. How many servings of good carbs are you eating a day? I'm going back to just eating one. I tend to lose the most weight when eating one carb a day and exercising for at least 45 minutes 4-5 days a week.

Kathy,

I'm glad to hear the slower it comes off the more likely I am to keep it off. I just get so discouraged cuz I really just want to lose it all like yesterday..I try not to weigh my self too often, that just makes it worse if I haven't lost anything, so I weigh once a week usually. Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Rox

Hey All,

Sheila, I am cutting back on the cream cheese and whipping cream. Not really eating carbs per say. Vegetable carbs, whatever is in dairy. Have not had pasta, rice, potatoes, bread, any kind of candie or deserts.

I have a little mango jalepeno jelly on celery and cream cheese (a personal fav)

Eating chicken, fish most of the time beef and pork about once each per week.

I should not be so hard on myself as I am now down 5 and 1/2 lbs and I have been on for 3 1/2 weeks. I only hav 16 more to go to goal. I have lost 55 lbs over the last five years with a modified Atkins style, never knew what Atkins was until after I have been modifiying my eating style for 3 years. So just happened to figure out that my family gains weight with carb intake. I usually gain 3-4 lbs over the winter and naturally comes off over spring and summer. So am very happy with the control I have managed to find with my new eating style. I decided to go on SB to kick start my last 20 lbs, so 5.5 lbs is really guite good and I should stop whining:p

Rox: You must hang in there because I seem to be losing lots of inches on my middle, which I have not been able to do previously. I looked like and apple with stick legs and arms. I now look like a plum:D

I find when you add the good carbs back and stay away from the bad carbs you do not gain weight...basically I have maintained or lost weight over the last 5 years, with only the winter gain and summer loss, neither of which I had to work for.

Sheila, My friend Kathy had a tummy tuck..she had lost a lot of weight and she looks fabulous. She was puffy and sore for the first few weeks after surgery and then she felt great and looked great. I think she might have had some lipo as well at the same time.

Sheila, My friend Kathy had a tummy tuck..she had lost a lot of weight and she looks fabulous. She was puffy and sore for the first few weeks after surgery and then she felt great and looked great. I think she might have had some lipo as well at the same time.

Thanks for the info. That is what my co-worker's wife told me also. I'm not sure about having lipo though. It kind of grosses me out to what it on TV...I guess it is not any worse than a tummy tuck though. I just don't want to look pregnant any more. ;)

j- in our homeschool group we call those people "psychic vampires" because they just suck all the energy out of you. Our group one won't be coming back this week and hopefully won't be back at all. She made a very personal attack on our list about a member and pretty much showed everyone how much of a bat she really is. She pretty much go her head handed back to her on list which made me feel good that it wasn't just a few people who had problems with her. The other co-moderator and I drafted a reminder sent out to everyone about personal attacks and private differences being aired on the list. I have to admit that it wouldn't hurt my feelings to ban her. :rolleyes:

I'm taking a diet break this week. Something is up either with the heat or the activity level but I can't seem to drop the weight I shot up over the weekend. So, for the rest of the week until Monday I'm just letting it be. No checking the scale, eat what I want... By the time camp is over I'm too tired to exercise anyway. I didn't even put on my pedometer today. Didn't care. :eek:

Now I have to figure out what we're having for dinner because I forgot to start something in the crock pot this morning.

Tami

Tami, don't worry about taking a week off from dieting. I'm doing it myself right now. I cheated yesterday and will probably cheat all weekend. I am going back to Phase 1 on Monday until I drop 5 lbs. I need to go back to Phase 1 to get rid of my cravings. For some reason, I've been craving sweets for two weeks. :(

Archived