New "Poseidon"...would you see it?

cruiserforlife

May 12th,Kurt Russell.Just seeing the trailers tonight gave me the chills...I think I've been on that ship!:eek:

That being said...I'd probably see it.And I'm not the type that goes to movies.

Would you or would you not see it?:rolleyes:

Ships do not float upside down......as they turn on their side they swamp and sink sideways. There are too many openings above the waterline that would take on water..An upside down ship will not float like a boat....:rolleyes:

Definitely going to see - already have it in our schedule for the weekend it premiers. Saw it originally when I was in high school in New York City.

I love Disaster type movies, like the old Earthquake, Towering Inferno, and the newer Day after Tomorrow (crumby story, great effects). And we are definitely going to see United 93 this weekend. Not a disaster flick, but a movie which I believe is important to see and understand how courageous those passengers were.

There was a made for TV version of the Poseidon Adventure, but it was real cheesey, in my opinion.

Not for all the tea in China. I don't watch Titanic either, nor airplane crash and go boom movies. I want to be in a state of bliss on vacation. A little world of wonders where nothing bad happens, ever. I take normal precautions, but other than that I don't want a mental image of bad things happening to good people swimming around in my brain.

When I'm on vacation ships don't flip over due to rogue waves, planes don't crash, pickpockets are not a threat and morons don't get drunk and fall of a boat (as opposed to being pushed, which is why I am not watching Law and Order, or CSI Miamin in the near future).

I also do not watch the news while vacationing. If something really big is happening, it will filter down to me.

Reality? You want reality? I have diapers at home. That's more than enough for me.

Nancy

Whose head is in the clouds, and believes that while on vacation, ignorance is bliss.

Would you believe they showed Titanic on one of our cruises a while back?

Years ago, DW made me attend Waterworld. I have no idea if it was as bad as advertized - I slept through the whole thing.

-----Burton

Of course we watched The Titanic a week prior to our 3/19 sailing and when captain announced that they were readying the life boats and we saw them being lowered, that's all my husband and I could picture.

Funny story, we brought along our personal DVD player on our 10/24/04 Golden sailing. As we're sitting on our balcony ready to watch a movie, my husband notes all the movies I brought with me. I had grabbed Jaws, The Perfect Storm, Titanic, and a couple of other movies along these line. My husband wanted to know what the heck I was thinking!!!!

I told my husband last night, maybe we shouldn't see this as we have the 11/4 sailing on the Crown coming up. I just don't know but I typically do like these kinds of movies.

Ships do not float upside down......as they turn on their side they swamp and sink sideways. There are too many openings above the waterline that would take on water..An upside down ship will not float like a boat....:rolleyes:

Maybe not, but so what?....that's why they call it fiction. To me the movies are an escape from reality, so if you need to tell me a bit of "fib" to set up the plot, then so be it! :)

Funny story, we brought along our personal DVD player on our 10/24/04 Golden sailing. As we're sitting on our balcony ready to watch a movie, my husband notes all the movies I brought with me. I had grabbed Jaws, The Perfect Storm, Titanic, and a couple of other movies along these line. My husband wanted to know what the heck I was thinking!!!!

What a great list!! I still want to know why they don't show Pirates of the Caribbean on MUTS while in the Caribbean - seems like a natural!

Of course we watched The Titanic a week prior to our 3/19 sailing and when captain announced that they were readying the life boats and we saw them being lowered, that's all my husband and I could picture.

You've already had quite an "adventure":eek: !!

Back to the original question, yes, DH and I will most likely see Poseiden Adventure, but probably as a rental (we rarely can find the time to see movies on the big screen, as much as we'd like to).

Be interesting to see people's comments after seeing it!

I will be downloading it and watching it on our DVD player in our room in about 3 weeks.

Isn't it just swell that you can steal a product and feel all good about it simply because it's easy to do? I dare you to walk into the movie theater and just take the reel and see how far you get. I can't stand the arrogance that says it is perfectly okay to steal movies and music off of the internet simply because it is easy and "it's not really stealing, it's not the same".

Isn't it just swell that you can steal a product and feel all good about it simply because it's easy to do? I dare you to walk into the movie theater and just take the reel and see how far you get. I can't stand the arrogance that says it is perfectly okay to steal movies and music off of the internet simply because it is easy and "it's not really stealing, it's not the same".

Yes agreed...and some of us bring wine & beer aboard ships too.;)

Back to the topic,I frankly am surprised so many agreed they would watch it...me too:o ...just not in the theater if I can avoid it.

I think the last movie I saw at a real theater was Tom Cruise in "Jerry McQuire"...you know,"Show me the money...!"

We obviously don't go to movies much...

I didn't like the first movie all that much and I watched it in a drive in. It depressed me for days. Since we have a big cruise coming up in July, don't think I'll be catching it beforehand or probably even afterwards. I mean, I haven't seen "Titanic" yet...or "ET" or most of the SW movies...not much of a movie person. "Wallace and Grommet and the Attack of the Were Rabbit" was great though...

ACtually, Princess has shown "Pirates of the Caribbean" on MUTS (they showed "Titanic" too). Now that is a movie I will see in the theaters! Yo ho, yo ho...

Charlie

I might. But, I do not think so right before I went on a cruise.

I remember when I bought my first house. It was a fixer upper. Right about that time the Tom Hanks movie "The Money Pit" came out in theaters.

I remember that I would not see that movie for many, many years. I am glad I did. That movie could scare and depress first time buyers. :)

I might. But, I do not think so right before I went on a cruise.

I remember when I bought my first house. It was a fixer upper. Right about that time the Tom Hanks movie "The Money Pit" came out in theaters.

I remember that I would not see that movie for many, many years. I am glad I did. That movie could scare and depress first time buyers. :)

That's pretty funny....that would be pretty depressing:o

I think we'd see it (well wifey would...looking between her hands the whole time...:eek: ) even though we have one booked in Dec.

I think I will see it. It has a great cast. The original one did too. I will probably see it at our local 2nd run theater. They show movies right before they go out to dvd. They charge a 1.50. You still get to see it on a big screen and not have to pay top dollar. :)

Archived