New "Poseidon"...would you see it?

cruiserforlife

Not a chance! I stress enough without the added visuals! I won't see that Flight 93 one either - I'd never be able to fly again.

Alyson

How about seeing "Flight 93" and the new "Poseidon"...the night before you're ready to jump on the big plane getting ready to sail?:eek: :eek: :eek:

It says something about the originality of current Hollywood productions that they have to come up with the third version of a fantasy about a cruise ship floating upside-down. It was unbelievable in the original version and it doesn't become more rational in later versions. I would rather watch re-runs of the Love Boat.

• 2 months later...

Okay, here's an idea... a reality show (or movie) based on the way people REALLY cruise... more than the typical Travel Channel type fare. Battle of the Chair Hogs, Rude people who fill elevators before the physically challenged can board them, dress code violators, stair sitters! Can you picture it?

I love cruising. I just think this would be a cool show!

i would definately not see the movie. i'm very easily scared and i always think the worst will happen lol.

on another note, last year on my RC cruise, at night they put on a show about GIANT 20 FOOT LONG SQUID and...it was just not okay lol. Of course I watched it anyway and even though those things only live deep deep down in the ocean and never surface...it still wasn't okay. lol :rolleyes:

NO NO NO WAY! I am going on my FIRST Princess cruise this December, and I will be at sea on New Years Eve and New Years Day! The Poseidon incident takes place on a New Years Cruise, so I am not going to even tempt fate by watching it first! LOL

(I'll definitely rent it as soon as I get home from the cruise though...)

;)

Tigerlily

I saw this film a couple of weeks ago, and, forgive me if I upset anyone, I thought it was really cheesy! It remided me of Speed 2 all over again.

The special effects were good, technical knowledge of ships was atrocious, but then again, maybe I'm being a bit critical! Have a look and see what you think,

(btw keep an eye out for all the lifeboats pointing aft in their stowed position!:eek: )

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people died in (all three versions of) "Poseidon". It's the height of hyperbole to compare a list/keel (which seems to happen quite often, from what I read here) to that.

I've been on a full-on "put-your-head-between-your-knees-and-kiss-your-*ss-goodbye" precautionary "brace-brace-brace" emergency landing, and while it scared the stuffing out of me, I'm in no way going to compare it to any real plane crash.

Mom- I think "Exactly." is the response to your post. "Poseidon" IS "only a movie".

But by your reasoning, I shouldn't go see "Flight 93", or any of the "Airport" movies (not to mention ever turning on the Discovery Channel).

I will not watch the remake. I saw the original, first run. There will be no Shelly, no Roddy, no Morning After. I liked the original. The era of disaster movies. We also saw Earhquake and live in CA. That movie was bad in my book and really did not resemble what we live through.

Archived