New "Poseidon"...would you see it?

cruiserforlife

I just came off the Coral on 4/23. I'm so glad this movie wasn't out before my cruise. Those disaster movies make me way too nervous. I saw the first Poseidon movie but I'm sure this one will be even more realistic.

Went to Inside Man last weekend, they showed the trailer for Poseidon Adventure. I got chills watching some of the scenes since we leave on our cruise in only 21 days. They also had the trailer for the Flight 93 movie....I cannot envision going to that movie. The trailer alone was tough to take. I think I might see Poseidon Adventure, but only after our cruise.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing it and comparing it to the original and the horrible TV version that was just on. No, I won't watch it while I'm on a ship that's just too scarey. Now maybe ships don't float upside down and afterall it is just a movie and most movies aren't real stories anyway.:D

Debbie

Oh yeah! As soon as we saw the trailer we said - "Gotta see it!"

It will also be fun to see how Hollywood portrays cruise ships and cruisers. Might be good for a few thrills and laughs! But it's hard to imagine the story without Shelly Winters!

Oh most likely. The original Poseidon Adventure was the first movie I was allowed to stay up and watch as a kid so it holds a special memory for me. It's my fav of the 1970's disaster films. Its a true classic in my eyes. Strangely too, it sort of was responsible for my love of ocean liners and cruises.

That being said I think its a good thing that Wolfgang Petersen is the one doing this remake as he directed Das Boot and also gave us The Perfect Storm. So he has a good track record for sea films. However, with me thinking the original was a near classic it'll be hard to think even he can top it. The effects look wonderful but the cast just doesn't scream cheesy or fantastic. Still there is interest enough to take a look.

And yes, I will be going on a cruise later this year. So remember everyone, book a cabin in the lower level of the ship and memorize the way down to the engine room. Those balconies on the top deck are sooooooooo overrated! he he he

Well, since I haven't been on a ship that has Movies Under The Stars, I kind of think that MUTS would be a great place to watch the Poseidon Adventure (silly grin). Of course with my luck they would show Flight 93 on the plane on the way down. :)

Well, since I haven't been on a ship that has Movies Under The Stars, I kind of think that MUTS would be a great place to watch the Poseidon Adventure (silly grin). Of course with my luck they would show Flight 93 on the plane on the way down. :)

I can't watch, "Flight 93." I just can't. I don't know if it's too soon, or too, what... I can't. That day. I have a friend. She was one of the last people out of tower two. We ran a race together a couple years ago, a relay. She spoke about it, how the building was falling down behind her. Her imagery was vivid and terrifying.

She's a big ole tough broad (her personal description). We were camping in the woods prior to the race (it's a heck of a race called, "Dances with Dirt." 52 miles in the woods and wilds of Michigan). She was nervous about the local wildlife. She had never heard of Bigfoot, which is not local, but you use what you got. We set her up bigtime. I think she still gets the willies in the woods.

Second me on that comment on Flight 93. I'm Canadian but its too raw a wound even for me and anything connected with 9/11 is just way too much for me to handle. I refused to even go anywhere near the Ground Zero site on my last vacation in New York. I was a big fan of those towers previously and just could not stand the gut wrenching thought of seeing the big hole.

Poseidon I can handle as its only a fantasy/adventure film and doesn't rip my heart out.

Kurt Russell was on Leno last night and showed some clips as well as some behind-the-scenes stuff...pretty interesting.He said everyone got sick filming it....the last three months were all shot under water!:eek:

It looks well made and the director (don't know movies) is supposedly well known.

I'm still in for seeing it...;)

May 12th,Kurt Russell.Just seeing the trailers tonight gave me the chills...I think I've been on that ship!:eek:

That being said...I'd probably see it.And I'm not the type that goes to movies.

Would you or would you not see it?:rolleyes:

------In july when we sail her--and for anyones info a tsunami would never act like that in the middle of the ocean --the safest place during a tsunami is away from the beach or probobly on a large ship in the middle of the ocean!!---Remember a fast moving current would only ripple under the ship..........

I'm actually looking forward to seeing it and comparing it to the original and the horrible TV version that was just on. No, I won't watch it while I'm on a ship that's just too scarey. Now maybe ships don't float upside down and afterall it is just a movie and most movies aren't real stories anyway.:D

Debbie

I agree entirely! It also doesn't hurt that I have had a crush on Kurt Russell since his days as Dexter in the Strongest Boy movies by Disney, and I was a little kid then--I guess that I am dating myself. So for me this is a must drool, I mean see;) . Happy sailing, Deanna

I never even knew about this movie to you guy's and gal's brought it up.

It looks brilliant, I've never seen the original movie, but I have seen the tv series which lets face it sucked, imho.

Im definately going to see it, pitty I'll need to wait till 1st of June till its out in the UK.

My attitude is, ignorance may be bliss, but if its gonna happen, its gonna happen.

After all its only a movie. + You would be unlikley to get a wave that high out in the middle of the ocean, they dont rise up until they get sufficiently close to land where the sea bed rises, forcing the water up.

According to the web site, they couldn't find one 'grand' enough, so the entire thing is computer generated.

And made up in the stages at their studios. Ill find the link to the page eventually and post it :)

I will definitely go and see the remake. I went to see the original on the evening of my Senior Prom (Don't ask, long story). Anyway it has always been one of my favorite movies ,albeit corney. Anytime I try to watch the DVD my wife cries "Not Again". Seriously though I think the best disater movie ever made was A Night to Remember. It told the story of the Titanic and stayed true to the events as they happened.

I saw the original at a drive in theatre back in the 70's :D

I loved Roddy McDowel, Ernest bourgnine, Gene Hackman, Pamela Sue Martin... I am looking forward to the remake, but I don't think it will be as good as the first.

Archived