Noordam Commemorative Book?

RDWills

When we sailed the Westerdam we recieved a book on the ship. We were told that we got it because we were sailing the ship within its first year of service. Is the Noordam giving out a commemortive book/item to first year cruisers?

I didn't receive any commemorative item on the Noordam's 3/15 (third) cruise. There might have been things for sale in the shops, but I stay out of them.

I have the plate---but that's from one of the preview parties.

A nice hard-cover book was given to pax on Noordam's inaugural sailing in Feb. It has a bit of history of the HAL line, some photos of the ship under construction & LOTS of advertisements. It was nice to get as a gift, but we wouldn't have purchased it.

What we DID buy, was Capt. Stephen Card's book of HAL paintings, The Spotless Fleet. The book is STUNNING. Because Stephen was also on that sailing, he gave a brief talk about his work & the book. He kindly inscribed the book to me with my CC name. Capt. Scott also attended the talk; he too signed my book. It is a keepsake I'll treasure forever.

If you get to sail on Noordam, be sure to walk the forward staircase - Stephen's paintings hang there.

A nice hard-cover book was given to pax on Noordam's inaugural sailing in Feb. It has a bit of history of the HAL line, some photos of the ship under construction & LOTS of advertisements. It was nice to get as a gift, but we wouldn't have purchased it.

What we DID buy, was Capt. Stephen Card's book of HAL paintings, The Spotless Fleet. The book is STUNNING. Because Stephen was also on that sailing, he gave a brief talk about his work & the book. He kindly inscribed the book to me with my CC name. Capt. Scott also attended the talk; he too signed my book. It is a keepsake I'll treasure forever.

If you get to sail on Noordam, be sure to walk the forward staircase - Stephen's paintings hang there.

Hallo Sunshine!

Thanks for your kind comments. Your cheque is in the post!!!! :)

For anyone looking for my book.....It is going to take a while to get copies book throughout the fleet but it will shortly be available via HAL's 'on-line' shop with the advantage that you won't have to carry it home!

Best,

Stephen

I didn't receive any commemorative item on the Noordam's 3/15 (third) cruise. There might have been things for sale in the shops, but I stay out of them.

I have the plate---but that's from one of the preview parties.

Ruth,

The Inaugural Book was handed out to visitors in New York when they left the ship. Too bad you missed yours.

BTW.... a lot of these inaugural books turn up on EBAY. Anyh one desperate should try there.

Stephen

Archived