Documents - Earliest Received

Cinderose

I should note that if you book through a travel agent you will get your docs later than if you book direct with Carnival.

The reason is that Carnival has to send the docs to the TA who then forwards that to you. That can take a week or more.

But, really, cruise docs are pretty much meaningless these days. They have your reservation in the computer so you don't need the docs. The stuff in there you can get at check in, and there is nothing to learn in the docs that you can't find here. Even the luggage tags can be got from the porters when you get there. So don't sweat the docs.

We booked through our TA last year for 4 day Fantasy and received our documents 4 weeks ahead of time and he had received them a week before that. So, I don't think it really makes that much difference if you use a TA or PVP. We also booked a specfiic cabin so no waiting at all for that info.

Earliest received documents 38 days prior.

Latest received documents 1 day prior to our Celebrity Med cruise. Would have done pier pickup but we needed our airline tickets and hotel vouchers that were in the docs. This happened when I was working as a travel agent, too. Only time that has happened out of 21 cruises, so no complaints.

Jill

My TA knew how excited I was about the cruise, she called right after she checked to make sure everything was correct on ours last year.

We paid in full when we booked last year (in march) for an Oct. cruise and recieved ours 4 1/2 wks before our cruise.

Archived