HAL Website

QQRZZA

How can such a great cruise line have such a dysfunctional web site?! The HAL web site is "dead in the water" so often, it is very difficult to get information, book shore excursions, or complete the immigration form. If their server is too small, then the boys in Seattle need to beef up the hardware. E-mail requests for information get an automated response indicating that they are "overwhelmed", often followed by no response. Sounds like time to hire more customer service agents. Business is good and will continue, if they treat their customers well. This is one area that needs help, now. These problems are not new or temporary.

I would have to agree with you. While websites can be tricky to program and maintain, this is any company's front door to much of their potential clientele. It needs to be made to function consistently, and kept up to date with changes.

I agree. I design web sites for a living and my clients wouldn't tolerate this kind of performance. I think it goes further than just the web site. We got our documents 7 days before sailing in April, and the folks in Seattle said that they had just gotten their new reservation system to test a week or so before - and found that it wasn't working. This shouldn't be happening to a major corporation in today's world.

I agree with this. That web site goes down too often and is also loaded with bugs. It gets caught in loops and the only way out is to exit the site and try again. :eek:

It's not just their website...have you tried reaching them on the phone lately...my "wait" today was 1 1/2 hours. I stuck with it only because I was finally allowed to "wait"...every other call over the weekend was stopped short because of "overwhelming call load" and to "call back later" or leave a message and they would return my call in two to three business days. Well, I left the "messages" and feel that I won't get a call back...so that is why I "waited" the long period today! I can't imagine what the telephone representatives are going through!

Debjo

I agree! I have emailed them 3 times and asked for a reply as soon as they could. This was 2 weeks ago. I also got the auto response saying they would reply. Don't understand why they are having so many problems. We have cruised other cruise lines and you could go in any time and look up all your info if you had the booking number.

Hoperfully they will get this fixed soon.

I agree. I design web sites for a living and my clients wouldn't tolerate this kind of performance. I think it goes further than just the web site. We got our documents 7 days before sailing in April, and the folks in Seattle said that they had just gotten their new reservation system to test a week or so before - and found that it wasn't working. This shouldn't be happening to a major corporation in today's world.

Agree. What makes this worse is the "new reservation system" is the one being used by Princess. You would think it would go in easier.

You might as well start at the top:

Stein Kruse

President & Chief Executive Officer

Holland America Line, Inc.

300 Elliot Avenue West

Seattle, WA 98119

Just don't send him an email!!!:eek:

Archived