CCL Stock - new 52 week low

gizmo

CCL Stock Tumbles

Shares of Carnival Corp. tumbled to a new 52-week low Tuesday after the world's largest cruise operator reduced its earnings outlook because bookings have been weak and fuel costs have soared, among other causes.

The Miami-based company said it expects 2006 earnings per share to be between $2.65 and $2.75, down from a March 23 prediction of $2.90 to $3. The company expects earnings for the second quarter to be in the range of 43 cents to 45 cents per share, down from the earlier forecast of 48 cents to 50 cents.

reduced its earnings outlook because bookings have been weak and .....

Let's hope at least that weak bookings = lower cruise fares!

If reduction in earnings per share and share value are offset by cheaper cruises, that's OK by me. I sure haven't made enough on 100 shares to offset the higher prices this year.

NOW is the time to buy. BUY LOW Sell High!
NOW you tell me!!:mad: Now, may be the time to buy... it did come off the low and stayed fairly steady through the afternoon, but I like to watch it a little more to see how it settles out after the market has a chance to digest the news. I'm not a "bottom feeder", so I do miss out on some of the recovery, but I don't get caught with many that keep on sliding either.

NOW you tell me!!:mad: Now, may be the time to buy... it did come off the low and stayed fairly steady through the afternoon, but I like to watch it a little more to see how it settles out after the market has a chance to digest the news. I'm not a "bottom feeder", so I do miss out on some of the recovery, but I don't get caught with many that keep on sliding either.

I think it is a good idea to let the market 'digest" the news, too. RCL got "hit" today, also. Very abnormal day: 26.4 million shares traded for CCL and 7.7 million shares for RCL.

At the Annual Meeting in April, there was mention of weakness in Caribbean bookings, western Caribbean in particular. Slow recovery from the hurricanes in that area last year, the situation in the Gulf Coast area, and the price of energy that we consumers are facing were given as reasons for such weakness.

Have faith; we long term owners of CCL stock have been through this before. CCL is a well run and financially strong company!

Archived